Help Really Needed... Not A Joke... (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Errrm ... re hanging threads, I rather assume Frankie knows better than the rest of us whether these specific curtains actually have em or not!

I think we were assuming these were nylon nets or voiles, From what The Princess has said though, I fear they may be cotton nets. Which if they are need a jolly good hot wash and ditto iron, pref steam. Absolutely the opposite of what you do with the man made sort in fact.

Personally though in either case, I'd always machine wash even if hardly grubby at all because if you handwash, you wring or squeeze creases into them and you'll definitely have to iron them. Spin drying still causes creases but they are not quite as much like permanent pleats as when you handwash!

I hate and loathe to see crumpled nets, grrrrrr You often see that in England Frankie, utterly slovenly - make otherwise quite nice looking properties look more like a squat. That's one of the many reasons why I love France. French women always seem to have PRISTINE nets at their fenetres! And you have a far greater and better choice to buy .....

I'm not actually that struck on nets meself, TBH and wouldn't have em at all by choice but when we moved to a bungalow on a main road right by a bus stop and the bedroom's at the front - well ! LOL But they do have to be RIGHT. (we just couldn't afford vertical blinds)

Bon chance JJ !

I would think ,yes, Jenny , they are cotton ones ... but still have a doubt may be Nylon in there too ...... I was not really concentrating on the curtains you see :roflmto: But I really would not wash anything before it got sewed. May be JJ will just wait for his VIP to come and do it , so no problem (only a suggestion.... you know how Princes are ..... they don't need help , they can do everything by themselves :RollEyes:)

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Over 30 reply`s on how to wash bloody net Curtains...:RollEyes:

Think JJ is losing the plot or his marbles...:Doh:

What`s up with "Newspaper" and "Blue Tac"...???
:winky::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
net sense

:Doh:Well a great big thank you to every one who has helped with this problem.
I am old daft and was afraid i was loosing it. :ROFLMAO: But again funsters have shown why we join :Doh::Doh::Doh:WE are all so bloody crazy:cry::cry::cry:
and i am no worse than the rest:thumb::thumb: THANK YOU ALL

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
froghopper

NO. Sorry. This is realy froghopper. I dont pretend. i have a 1984 renault
machzone motorhome. am old skint bald short fat and unhappy a member of a club with more nutters than i could imagine and help with problems i didnt even know i had. my only dream is to meet you all at malvern and remember
the words to the worzells cider song.. thats me. agh i think thats my nurse at the door to take me back :shout::shout::shout::RollEyes::RollEyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ok.. not often a mere man can upbeat a woman but...

Wash in a low temp wash ( as said ) but if you want that extra brilliant white look, soak them in a bucket with a dolly bag of blue ( come on ladies.. admit it !! You know you remember these ) http://www.oldandinteresting.com/laundry-blue.aspx

However, as I suspect dolly bags are gonna be bloody hard to get hold of with out a time machine, use Steradent ( no joke !! )

The best ever product since the demise of the little blue bag for net curtains to make them pure white is steradent tablets :thumb:

Rinse in cold water and hang out to dry

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have just done mine for the first time since the van was new five years ago. What a difference.
Use a delicate wash set on 30c.
They can be tumbled dried, if your drier has a low heat setting. If tumbled no ironing is required, hang them soon as possible. You will find that they become softer so may not hang quite so well.
If you do have to iron them use the 'silk' setting.

Net curtains are important if you use busy aires and don't want the family next door watching your every move.

As for men needing a woman to do their washing, my mum stopped doing my dhobi when I joined the Royal Marines at 15 years. The CSM also refused to do it too :cry:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Wash!!! Net!!! Curtains!!! Obviously you have been affected with the "Domestic Virus":Sad:

Solution!!:Doh:

Sell a few Olives:Smile: Bin the Nets:winky: Buy New:thumb: Simples!:thumb:

Any time you need advice my Son, just you ask your old Uncle John:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Ok.. not often a mere man can upbeat a woman but...

Wash in a low temp wash ( as said ) but if you want that extra brilliant white look, soak them in a bucket with a dolly bag of blue ( come on ladies.. admit it !! You know you remember these ) http://www.oldandinteresting.com/laundry-blue.aspx

However, as I suspect dolly bags are gonna be bloody hard to get hold of with out a time machine, use Steradent ( no joke !! )

The best ever product since the demise of the little blue bag for net curtains to make them pure white is steradent tablets :thumb:

Rinse in cold water and hang out to dry

Fairy ::bigsmile:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
A good tip is to soak them in salt water, if I were you I'd toss them in the sea, even if they don't brighten up ........you might stand a good chance of catching some sardines!!!!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
JJ to machine wash them, fold first and then place into washing machine , add washing powder and part of the softener, put on a gentle wash with a gente spin , then peg out on line or airer when done, there will be no need to iron, then just re-hang , remainder of the creases will just fall out .....simples x

Kath x

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
So is his washing liquid :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No, can't be, Tofo is Tinkerbell :ROFLMAO:

I had to make a few searches you know Graham to understand the joke! First google knows nothing about tinkerbell , the way you wrote it .... so had to think may be there were 2 words , so I tried only Tinker... which gave me various translations : Mainly something like pottering or travelling.
I knew what a bell was , but it was not making any sense together... so just in case they had a special meaning when together, I then joined Tinker to Bell ...and Oh! there we are ...I could get it . It is the way you call Peter Pan's little flying fairy!! So I can now understand the play on words ...:thumb::thumb:

Phewwww...; this is just to show you how sometimes it is complicated for me to "get it" straight away !!!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
So many offers of help, too many for me too read so will just give you the only answer you need.........you need a local washer women to take them down to the stream and wash them in natural water thats come down from the mountains and softened itself on the rocks

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Then of course take credit for washing them

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I wish to announce that a very special person has stated that she wishes to sew up the slightly damaged one first and then wash them herself...

... now...

If I go along with this plan... will it return to haunt me in later years? ... as in "You even made me wash and sew your net curtains you lazy, over weight, English pig"... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Please advise...

JJ :Cool:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
May I refer the honourable member to my last post !

I wish to announce that a very special person has stated that she wishes to sew up the slightly damaged one first and then wash them herself...

... now...

If I go along with this plan... will it return to haunt me in later years? ... as in "You even made me wash and sew your net curtains you lazy, over weight, English pig"... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Please advise...

Fer Chrisake get some new ones you cheapskate !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005

... now...

Please advise...

JJ, I'm impressed, training kicking in already:thumb:

Boy I'm lucky the wife doesn't look in here:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Blush:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
FBP = Fried black pudding ????????

Not hard to tell you are new ::bigsmile: JJ = FRAY BENTOS PIE :Doh::winky:
JJ either get new nets or sling em and do without :thumb: fly nets are a different kettle of fish :winky:
terry

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp

... now...

Please advise...

Sounds like a testy-trap to me, will you walk into it............

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Now if I were not a person who trusts others absolutely and didn't know that JJ is an utterly trustworthy blue-eyed boy (Geddit? Blue? :roflmto:) I'd be tempted to think that perhaps the (obviously subliminal) purpose behind the OP had worked :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Now you beat me to it Graham !

Now let's make it simple Mister Magic FBP Prince aka JJ: I won't do the job or can't be your Princess anymore "you lazy, over weight, English pig"... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (your words , not mine:loveyou::smalllove:)

"You nearly made me wash and sew your net curtains

Your Princess....

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
nets and pies

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: This is getting serious...... nets i am ok with:Doh::Doh: but now
PIES...:Blush: what am i missing ... i love nets and pies... but together in the same sentance ??????????:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile: JJ help me. forget those that mock......... just help those that have no idea:cry::cry:like froghopper:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back