Help Really Needed... Not A Joke...

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by JJ, Jun 12, 2012.

1. JJ

JJ Funster

Ok... I can take the ridicule...

The few of you who actually know me in person might have trouble believing this post but I am starting to prepare for a three week tour of Portugal in the Hymer with a VIP on board...

I have owned the 1987 machine for four years now and have always tried to keep it in the fine condition it was in when I bought it...

Are you ready?

It has a complete set of white, net curtains... woosie but fact... even have the girlie fringe patterny strips on the bottom...

I feel it is time to clean these items and I have never, ever, ever seen this task being done before...

My question is... and this is serious... honestly...

How do you wash net curtains?

In a machine or by hand?... with normal washing powder or special stuff?... Fabric conditioner or not?

Do you iron them when dry?

Please help me... :Blush:

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 2
  2. SuperMike

SuperMike Read Only Funster

Unless the curtains are highly delicate, you can wash nets just using your washing machine. Set it at a low temperature and a delicate wash. Woolen washes are gentle washes. Or, you can hand wash in the bath or sink, depending on the size and using luke warm water. Again, use a non bio washing powder detergent and agitate with your hands. Leave to soak for 20 minutes. Drain off then wash in cold water to rinse away the dirty water.

I except no responsibility for them if they fall apart. :Cool:

Easy Peasy, please don't ask ................ :Blush:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Jill says normal wash, normal powder, no fabric conditioner, hang up when still damp to dry naturally, only iron if they look too creased.

• Like Like x 4
  4. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

Its times like this JJ when you need a good woman:Wink::BigGrin::Doh: Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

This is a worrying thread......:Rofl1:

Men washing net curtains, at least Graham had the sence to claim the info came from Jill, BUT MIKE:Doh:

JJ, can't be long now before you can begin the VIP training surely:BigGrin:

:getmecoat:

• Like Like x 6
  6. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

are we taking him seriously?

OK, I must admit... I cannot see what the punch line is join going to be.... I just cannot get my head around JJ being domesticated.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  7. autoswan

autoswan Funster

Take them off beat them against a clean wall and rehang but be carefull not to drop beer in other hand whilst doing them :thumb::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 4
  8. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Now..... tell me , did that VIP ever come on board? Does this person know anything about the curtains? Like ...they need to be sew before any washing.....or you'll find them changed into a ball of cotton yarn !!!!!.... May be you should ask your VIP :Wink:eek:r Fatima!!!

Frankie (sometimes VIP Frog:BigGrin:)

• Like Like x 8
  9. slobadoberbob

go on Frankie.. domesticate him

Go on Frankie, he needs domesticating... anyone that lives of FBP needs to be shown how to keep house.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Bob:Blush:

10. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Oh Bob ...I feel like I am going to look different to your eyes in a minute ..... cause you see ( and you might say I need domesticating too) .... I happen to like FBP too .... What are you going to do with the pair of us ???
    Anyway if you don't get it , don't try....... it's rosbeef/frog's thing..:BigGrin::BigGrin:

Frankie (Yeah JJ's Princess! :Cool:)

• Like Like x 7
  11. acting_strange

acting_strange

You can actually get whitener for net curtains JJ...and Frankie is right you need to make sure there are no hanging threads if you are going to machine wash them....of course its not that difficlut to do them by hand...good luck

12. slobadoberbob

then Frankie there is no hope for you

Alas Frankie there is no hope for you now.. if he has turned you in to a FBP princess then what next.. Heinz Baked beans.... there we are led to believe the French are the master race when it comes to food. Your fellow frogs (pun) will make you an out caste for coming under the spell of a FBP.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Still you need to sew those nets for him... JJ might try and take a rather large tool to the nets and not a dainty needle... :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Next JJ will want to know which washing up liquid to buy... you have got him changing his ways Frankie....:Wink: Next you might get him to paint the van .. as in the black thing.:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Bob:thumb:

13. PaulyP

PaulyP Funster

All the curtains and nets in my hymer have just been taken off and washed, wife did the washing as per the others instructions.:BigGrin:

I took them off and put them back up - now that was the hardest part !!:Rofl1::Rofl1:

See if you can do it without breaking any of the fiddly plastic things that hold them up.:thumb::thumb:

14. JJ

JJ Funster

Thanks for the advice so far... please keep it coming as there seems to be slight differences in approach...

I do want to protest about the "domesticated" bit and the "training" bit... :Rofl1:

I cannot believe that washing net curtains once every four years can be called domesticated... :Wink: :Wink:

And this "training" the other half is very dangerous stuff... just like "give and take" and "compromise"...

Imagine I were to "train" my Princess in something... surely that means that then she would claim the right to "train" me in something...:Eeek:

I prefer the both of us just as we are now... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 8
  15. lorger

lorger Funster

JJ i dont own net curtains as im still under 60:Rofl1::Rofl1: all i would say is if washing in a machine it might be a good idea to stick them in a pillow case if they are small so they dont get ripped or disappear down seal.

Might also be a good idea to wash smallest one first to see how it tuens out so you dont ruin them all if something goes wrong

Gerry

16. SuperMike

SuperMike Read Only Funster

Much too much domestication here. All men, must immediately return to eating a plate of FBP together with Baked Beans. :shout:

• Like Like x 5
  17. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

You cheapskate !!

NET CURTAINS !!!!! What a woose, or are you trying to hide some inadequacy in your life !
    Get some new ones fer chrisake !!!:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  18. slobadoberbob

he cannot afford them and FBP

he cannot afford them and FBP .. remember he has FBP on special occasions... now I do not have nets myself.. very 1950's :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: everyone can see what i am doing .. which is not that interesting I can tell you. .. sitting in side the RV on a very miserable French afternoon.

Bob:Blush:

• Like Like x 2
  19. autoswan

autoswan Funster

FBP = Fried black pudding ????????

20. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

An earlier post suggested ironing them if they look wrinkled, if they need it just make sure you set the iron to the hottest setting,

then you will have to buy some new ones. :Laughing:

• Like Like x 2