LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:cry::Sad: help! PLEASE can someone help me. I have wasted a good two hours today trying to access my mail. I have clicked the line that says 'I cannot access my mail' and done all the necessary things. It still wouldn't let me access it despite telling me that I was now able to. I then tried giving myself a new password and carried out all the procedures... still I can't access mail.

I tried to access the help page but that too won't come up on my screen. I am logged in but all I get is a blank page with a small box in the top left hand corner saying 'you have 94 messages in mail box' ....... but I can't access them. The first page comes up ok saying Welcome to me but as soon as I click Mail ...... back to blank page... Whichever way I try to access the help then I just get the blank page again with the little box at top.

Some of my mail is really important. Please can you help me? Thank you.

solitaire woman

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Funster No
Afraid I can't offer any words of wisdom, just thought I would let you know you are not alone with the little foibles of email! I had an account with virgin media and last August it started to only let a chosen few emails get through to me, then stopped sending me any at all. I changed to yahoo (which so far has worked perfectly!). I decided to check my old email address last week only to find that it has now decided to let me receive the emails that people have sent! Have no idea why it started to go wrong last year, or why it is now working again!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It might be Yahoo - I've just gone into my mail and clicked on the 'help' link and it hasn't done anything, instead I then clicked on the little down arrow (triangle) and got into Mail help from that. I've had a quick shuftie and according to their 'help files' this might be the problem:

How do I clear my browser's cookies?

Sometimes, due to how browsers work, you may need to clear (delete) your browser's cookies in order for Yahoo! Mail to work properly.

Note: If you have a browser that's not listed below, please check that browser's help for instructions on deleting cookies.

* Internet Explorer 6.x, 7.x
* Firefox 2.x
* Safari 3
* Opera 9.x

To clear cookies in IE 6.x for Windows:

1. Click on the Tools menu in the browser.
2. Select Internet Options from the pull-down menu.
3. In the middle section, click on the Delete Cookies button. A popup window will appear and press OK in this window to delete the cookies.
4. Click on the OK button in the Internet Options window.
5. Quit and restart the browser for the changes to take effect.

To clear cookies in IE 7.x for Windows:

1. In the Tools menu, select Delete Browsing History... from the pull-down menu.
2. In the middle section, click on the Delete Cookies button. A popup window will appear and press Yes in this window to delete the cookies.
3. Click on the Delete Files button. A popup window will appear and press Yes in this window to delete temporary internet files.
4. Click on the Close button in the Delete Browsing History window.

To clear cookies in FireFox 2.x for Windows or Mac:

1. Click the Tools menu.
2. Select Clear Private Data from the pull-down menu.
3. In the window that opens, select the items you want to clear -- in this case, Cookies! :eek:)
4. Click Clear Private Data Now.

To clear cookies in Safari 3 for Mac:

1. Click the Safari menu and select Preferences.
2. Click the Security tab, and click Show Cookies.
3. Click Remove all to clear ALL cookies, or click a specific cookie in the list and click Remove.
4. Click Done. Nice work!

To clear cookies in Opera 9.x for Windows:

1. In the Tools menu, click Delete private data.
2. Click Details.
3. Check the boxes beside "Delete all cookies" and "Delete entire cache."
4. Click Delete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you both so much for trying to help.:thumb:

Chatter has just phoned me to work through the site problems with me, but alas not working still and so she has sent an email to them to tell them what is going on.

Just hope now they don't send me an email in response to tell me why I can't access my emails :Doh:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Must be a problem at Yahoo, like you I have spent over an hour trying to get my e mails, so feel better knowing someone else has the same problem.

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Not sure whether you mean you can't access your yahoo emails from outlook or from the actual yahoo web site. I had the problem last week where I could'nt get my emails via outlook express, I trawled the web for answers and changed the settings in my yahoo account from yahoo.co.uk to yahoo.com and bingo, it worked.

ken

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
I think it's a Yahoo problem.

I've always used Yahoo with my Adult Ed students and recently (for the last month) we've been having problems with it. It gets very frustrating when you're waiting 15 mins for a message to go through. :Doh:

I find hotmail less problematic.

Gill

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you all again. Glad to know I am not alone. I still cannot access them today.

I can access the Yahoo Home Page but it is when I click on 'Mail' that I can't get into it. I have tried various routes. Just managed to send another message to them via a friend as when I phoned them up after push one for this five for that two for this etc ...... I then got a message telling me to send them an email with details of my problem!!!!!!!!
icon8.gif
:Angry:

Last edited:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Movan,

I am still in the same boat, I also signed up to another e mail provider, and they said I could link and get the mail from Yahoo, but that would not work either. If you get connected via a contact could you PM me please with details of same contact.
Thanks, David

buffalo

Free Member
Sep 18, 2009
Funster No
web mail

Hello movan.

Have you tried using a friends` computer to try?

Because if someone sends you a lot of pictures,this can block your account.

Do you know if your yahoo mail account has limit on it?

kind regards
buffalo

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Buffalo, No I havn't tried that. I will try it as soon as I can get access to a friend's computer ... thank you. It's a good idea to see what happens.

David, Chatter sent an email to Yahoo about my problem and they sent her a reply. If I can contact her I will ask her to copy and paste their response on this thread.

They gave three options but none of them helped me at all. However, I am not very computer literate so maybe they may be of use to you. If they work will you let me know please so that I can try again. I will go and try and phone Chatter now.

Regards, a very frustrated Movan :Angry:

R

reader

Deleted User
I have a mate who's Yahoo E-Mail acct has been compromised this week, A forward had been put on by persons unknown with a gmail acct without his knowledge so no email was being received in his inbox.
We couldnt uncheck the forward button, so I opened up an acct with another email provider and it let me substitute the gmail acct that had been planted so at least he could collect his email.
Yahoo seem to have fixed it and I am not holding my breath on a response from gmail but for any of you having trouble it might be worth checking all your settings. This was yahoo web email and not operating through Thunderbird or outlook (POP) etc

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
this is the main body of what yahoo sent to help movan, they suggested trying to gain access using one or more of the below links.
http://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_profile

As an alternative, I suggest that you sign in to the Yahoo! Mail help
page using the Yahoo! ID in question and resubmit the help request from
there. This way, your account will be verified upon signing in.

You may use the web form below to resubmit your request:

If you are using All New Yahoo! Mail, please go here:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/forms_index.html

If you are using Classic Yahoo! Mail, please go here:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/forms_index.html

Please understand that these requirements exist only to protect the
privacy and security of your account.

We'll be happy to assist you after matching this info with our records.

they were happy to send this , i dont know if it will work for those of you having problems,

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Reader, I just tried what you suggested and I opened a Hotmail account as one of you also said this was best(thank you both). Unfortunately, I STILL CANNOT GET INTO MY MAIL .....now 127 unread!:cry: At least I can use Hotmail in the meantime ....... IF I COULD GET INTO YAHOO MAIL THAT IS TO OPEN MY 'CONTACTS' AND GET THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES....:Doh:SILLY ME.

David, let me know if the letter from Yahoo - posted by Chatter above - helps. I tried them all but to no avail.

Regards.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Reader, I just tried what you suggested and I opened a Hotmail account as one of you also said this was best(thank you both). Unfortunately, I STILL CANNOT GET INTO MY MAIL .....now 127 unread!:cry: At least I can use Hotmail in the meantime ....... oOops, IF I COULD GET INTO YAHOO MAIL, THAT IS, TO OPEN MY 'CONTACTS' AND GET THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES....:Doh:SILLY ME.

David, let me know if the letter from Yahoo - posted by Chatter above - helps. I tried them all but to no avail.

Regards.

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Movan,

Thanks for note but I could not get anywhere, so I took it to our local Computer place, and they fixed it in no time. Apparently they had to reset all my Internet Explorer settings and they also found my Java settings were out of date, so they updated them. Have no problems opening mail now, but my pocket is £25.50 + vat less empty now.
I know nothing about computers so have to pay someone who knows, and I will just stick with my tractors.
Hope you can get yours fixed soon.

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back