monty123

Free Member
Feb 8, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi all, we are supposed to be going away in the morning BUT, earlier the van wouldn't start so I flicked the mains power to engine and left it for 20 mins, engine started but one the control panel won't switch on.. Nothing seems wrong at the fuse box although there in not a fuse listed for control panel.. Checked leisure battery and its fully charged!

Any clues what's wrong please

It's a swift 665, 2008 control panel is an NE183-mate

Really hoping someone here will call me a bumpy as its an easy fix ..

Many thanks

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you do not get an answer and you are passing us whilst the workshop is closed, if Andy is on in Sales and not too busy, he might be able to help you

Good luck

Peter

Upvote 0

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
I assume you have the same charging system as our Autocruise Wentworth, an option to have the charger on main or auxiliary. If so and you had it on auxiliary and you say the batteries are fully charged, then if my assumption is correct you switched the charger to main and the engine battery then fired after a while it rather sounds as though the only thing not working is the red indicator light. I had thought that leaving the charger set on auxiliary would be ok when on 240 at home but like you ended up with a flat engine battery. I now leave the charger set on main at home or when on ehu and flick the switch to auxiliary when off ehu and running on the leisure batteries. It has all been trial and error, the so called handbook is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
monty123

monty123

Free Member
Feb 8, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Not wanting to sit on my backside waiting for someone else to do the legwork for me, I googled my control panel and I found a few have had the same issue. They took the panel off the wall and unplugged it for five minutes, I just did the same and it all works a treat,, apparently it can lose communication with the fuse box and unplugging it resets it... Just in case anyone else gets this issue,

Thanks for your replies, happy teddy here!:thumb:

Note to self,,,,, must change profile to swift.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
what a relief for you to have solved this in quick time with little cost, most people in panick mode would be ripping panels off and fuse changing. safe journey.:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
monty123

monty123

Free Member
Feb 8, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Must admit we were panicking a bit, been looking forward to this for weeks!! :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Glad to hear you fixed it, and yes sorry for reading the profile moho and not what you had written.......specsavers here I come:Eeek:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back