Help please?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hendrixfan, May 8, 2010.

1. Hendrixfan

Hendrixfan Read Only Funster

Hi,
    We have just bought an old ('85!) Talbot Express and can't work out exactly how you are supposed to make up the bed/s at the front. Can anyone help?
    I've been through 50 pages of post to see whether there was anything useful on there but now I'm giving up and posting myself! (Actually lots of useful stuff, but not regarding this!)
    Is there anyone else out there running one of these and what problems are most likely to beset us and where can we easily get parts in the South East?
    :Smile:

2. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Hi

if it is a table seat that turns into a bed and similar talbot express to ours (see avatar) here is what you do.

At the side of the benches there should be a handle. Pull it to extend the bench but look under the benches (which do lift up) to see if there is a security catch first).

slide the table between the bench seats to form the middle floor of the bed

against the wall there should be a "long cushion" that you rest your arms on.

Fold it down onto the bed soft side up.

Where the drivers seat is there should be a "headboard" behind the bench back cushion. Lay this flat.

The benches should have 2 cushions each, one backrest and one to sit on

lay these side by side. The cushions should be placed in the same direction as when using the bench normally. Sometimes its a tight squeeze but they do fit.

Hopefully this will work for you xxx good luck

3. Hendrixfan

Thanks, but I think ours works differently; it is the small one with, behind the swivel seats, a bench seat on one side (with table top stowed in gap behind) and opposite, next to the (not-at-the-moment) sliding door, a single, forward-facing seat. There are all sorts of hinged bits that fold out and some small cushions with rigid backs ...
    It looks as though we have two table position options too, i.e. two holes in the floor for the supporting post.
    Still trying to work out which curtains go where, too, as they were all stowed in the top when we picked it up!

4. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

The forward facing seat should either pull forward with the base cushion on and the seat back fill the resultant gap behind it, or have a support which you put into place/flip up to fill the gap. Then the settee may either slide out on some sort of mechanism to bridge the gap in the middle of the van, or the table tops will drop into the gap between the settee and the flattened side seat. If you have the shorter van the front seats will probably swivel round to form the foot end (last 3rd) of the bed and the hard backed cushions will probably be to bridge the gap between the 2 front seats ... I think!!!:Eeek:

Difficult to be sure without seeing some photos of the interior or know exactly which one you've got.

5. dartslf2000

dartslf2000 Funster

If you PM me your email address i'll forward you a step by step of our bed making procedure for our Auto Sleeper Frisky which i think will be pretty much the same.

6. Hendrixfan

I'll take some pics tomorrow, when it stops raining.

We can use the "upstairs" now I've got some steps!:Smile:

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  7. dartslf2000

dartslf2000 Funster

PM received, I have e-mailed you some pics that will hopefully help you.:BigGrin:

8. Hendrixfan

Thanks for going to the trouble of sending the photos, yes, that looks like ours (well, a bit smarter!) but I think we may have some bits missing. Anyone know where we might pick up interior parts (and maybe a driver's door) around here? I think we should be able to make the missing boards ourselves, actually. I hadn't realised hoe expensive caravan-type curtain fittings were though!:thanks:

9. Caztur

Caztur Funster

Wow, another Frisky owner - Hi!

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, Hendrixfan.

You may be able to pick up bits that could be adapted from a caravan breakers.