Free Member
Mar 7, 2017
cumbria
Funster No
MH
fiat sundance swift
Exp
4 years
Hi all , I have a problem with my electric step think switch has broken is there any way I can override it , steps out want in HELP

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hi all , I have a problem with my electric step think switch has broken is there any way I can override it , steps out want in HELP
If you do a search on the forum (top right) loads of info, in fact only the other day someone had the same problem

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
If you do a search on the forum (top right) loads of info, in fact only the other day someone had the same problem
What @Gorse Hill said and
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I guess you have tried, but just in case, have you tried switching on the engine as a lot of steps will retract when engine started.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Just fixed my step ( Thule Omni electric slide out ) It was extending out fully ok but when i try to retract it used to go in a couple of inches then stop, i found if i kept toggling the out/in step switch by the hab door it used to retract some more but then stop again - i just kept doing the out/in until it was all the way in, it most of the time always used to retract when the engine started but not always, took it apart last week and replaced the switch inside the step (£11.50) really easy to fit, but was charged nearly £10 postage (robbin bastidz) Anyway all working ok now so hopefully solved the problem... sorry cant offer any overide info but try the step switch in/out...Posted a pic of my switch on another thread

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Yes I know some don't. It was just a thought as it was 6 months before I found out ours did. I was diligent in using the switch as part of the 'before driving off" procedure so didn't realise it was automatic.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
You can check fuses etc obviously, and short across the with (minding your fingers) but as a fall back/ get you home, you could manually push it in and cable tie the scissor arms shut.
You don't say whether its a slide out thule, or a flip down Fiamma, which makes it hard for folks to assist.
Mitch.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Had a problem with ours a few years ago, turned out to be a dodgy earth just under the van by the step, worth a look. :)

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
I guess you have tried, but just in case, have you tried switching on the engine as a lot of steps will retract when engine started.
Didn't I read a few years ago that a woman was standing on the step when her husband started the engine and she was thrown off and badly hurt?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Didn't I read a few years ago that a woman was standing on the step when her husband started the engine and she was thrown off and badly hurt?
I can see how that is possible. Like a lot of things, we all have to use caution.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back