Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
When you turn it off and on again wait a good few minutes as above, with some devices just needs to be 20 secs or so but with a networked device I'd have a brew and hten go back to it.

There endeth my satruday tech knowledge

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Anything that has a computer chip in it of some sort and starts playing up often benefits from being turned off and left for a while, then being turned on again ... some also need their batteries removing too as they power stuff in the background even when you think they're off!

Personally though I find that giving it a good kicking helps ... me that is, not the item itself which is the usually b@ggared ... but it does feel most satisfactory at the time!!! :D

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Personally though I find that giving it a good kicking helps
In the trade we call that percussive maintenance :p

percussive.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Gromett's post reminds me of a very old computer joke. This dates from when a computer had a whole room to itself & was the size of a couple of double wardrobes.

Computer went wrong, so the computer repair man was sent for.
The guy turns up, walks round it a couple times, sucks air through his teeth, then gives it an almighty kick in the bottom right hand corner of the rear panel. Computer whirrs a bit, light flash & then it settles down & runs sweetly.

His bill arrives a couple of weeks later & the boss is horrified to find it's £795 + vat. He calls the repair chap & says "You were only here 5 minutes & all you did was kick it. I expect to receive a revised bill".

So a little later a revised bill duly appears.

To attend computer breakdown:
call out fee, travel to site, 5 minutes labour, kick computer - £95
knowing where to kick computer - £700

Then there is an aphorism I had pinned on the office door for a good many years:
'If you think training is expensive, consider the cost of ignorance'

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back