Help please (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2015
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
Since 2014
We have just decided that Maurice could do with a bit of a spruce up and we are having him sprayed a new colour and the idea has cropped up about putting some nice alloy wheels on, I realise that I just can't go out and buy any old alloys as they will need to be suitable for the weight so do I just go for van wheels or do I need to find Motorhome wheels? And what is more painful is the fact that I need 6 or 7 if I include the spare. So :-

1 van or Motorhome wheels?
2 good place to buy them?
3 anyone know of any offers out there?

Thanks all for your help on this.

Regards

Bob

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
We have just decided that Maurice could do with a bit of a spruce up and we are having him sprayed a new colour and the idea has cropped up about putting some nice alloy wheels on, I realise that I just can't go out and buy any old alloys as they will need to be suitable for the weight so do I just go for van wheels or do I need to find Motorhome wheels? And what is more painful is the fact that I need 6 or 7 if I include the spare. So :-

1 van or Motorhome wheels?
2 good place to buy them?
3 anyone know of any offers out there?

Thanks all for your help on this.

Regards

Bob

can't help with 2 or 3 but the wheels need to have the right PCD / stud pattern (jury is out on multifit wheels but personally I would avoid them). They also need to have the right weight rating for the maximum load they could ever be asked to carry. I can't see a likely difference in that between van and campervan / mottorhome wheels other than some people may wish to charge more for wheels by labelling them as being for motorhomes.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
They need to have the correct number of holes and PCD, offset and bore diameter. If the bore is bigger on the alloys, spigot rings can be used but if the bore is smaller the wheel won't fit on. They also need adequate load rating to take the weight of your motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back