Help please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bb wales, May 3, 2016.

1. bb wales

bb wales Funster

We have just decided that Maurice could do with a bit of a spruce up and we are having him sprayed a new colour and the idea has cropped up about putting some nice alloy wheels on, I realise that I just can't go out and buy any old alloys as they will need to be suitable for the weight so do I just go for van wheels or do I need to find Motorhome wheels? And what is more painful is the fact that I need 6 or 7 if I include the spare. So :-

1 van or Motorhome wheels?
    2 good place to buy them?
    3 anyone know of any offers out there?

Thanks all for your help on this.

Regards

Bob

2. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

can't help with 2 or 3 but the wheels need to have the right PCD / stud pattern (jury is out on multifit wheels but personally I would avoid them). They also need to have the right weight rating for the maximum load they could ever be asked to carry. I can't see a likely difference in that between van and campervan / mottorhome wheels other than some people may wish to charge more for wheels by labelling them as being for motorhomes.

3. Poohbear

Poohbear Funster

They need to have the correct number of holes and PCD, offset and bore diameter. If the bore is bigger on the alloys, spigot rings can be used but if the bore is smaller the wheel won't fit on. They also need adequate load rating to take the weight of your motorhome.