Free Member
Jul 31, 2015
Moray
Funster No
MH
Swift sundance 600 fb
Exp
I'm a newbie
hi guys we are total new to motorhomes we have just bought a swift sundance 600 fb it's on a fiat Ducati (55) plate 2005. I was wondering when I'm filling the water up do I lift the bench seat in the cabin and close the valve then fill the water tank? Or do I leave it open and fill the tank?do I fill the tank first then the water heater or does it all fill in one go ? And do I use the pump all the time after I fill the water or will water still come out the tap without the pump on ? I hope this makes sense ! Can anyone help?
Thanks guys

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Fill water from the filler outside. Open a tap to drive air out, watching it! The boiler will fill as you do. Open taps one by one cold then hot to drive air out! Bobs your mothers brother!!!

OP
OP
S

Stevie+jill

Free Member
Jul 31, 2015
Moray
Funster No
MH
Swift sundance 600 fb
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks munchie do I leave the pump on all the time? Or only when I'm going to use the water?

OP
OP
S

Stevie+jill

Free Member
Jul 31, 2015
Moray
Funster No
MH
Swift sundance 600 fb
Exp
I'm a newbie
Oh yeah and do I need to turn anything on to work the boiler? Or will it come on when the hot water is selected?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
hi Stevie you can leave the pump on all the time if you want however i always turn ours off at night or if leaving the van just in case you get a burst or fault an it pumps all the water over the van.

As for the boiler if you open a hot tap with the pump on once you start getting water through this is your hot water tank full so close tap, you will then have to turn your water heating on this could be gas or elec or both just depending on your unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Stevie+jill

Free Member
Jul 31, 2015
Moray
Funster No
MH
Swift sundance 600 fb
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks longer I take it I close the valve under the rear bench/sofa before filling from outside the van?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Stevie, your water tank will have a valve for emptying it somewhere my last van it was a plug inside the tank the van before was a blue valve outside , if you start to fill it and see water coming out then shut the valve.
Also just so you know you only get 5 free post then you need to pay £10 to join, just my opinion you will save that in the first week

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back