Help Please with Installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2015

Discussion in 'Computers' started by steles, Aug 1, 2015.

1. steles

steles Read Only Funster

I'm hoping there's a computer whizz out there who can advise a computer idiot!:)
    The Kaspersky 2014 on my laptop is due to run out and, being in my late husband's name, is not transferable. I have therefore purchased a Kaspersky 2015 Internet Security 2015 disc to install to replace said 2014.
    Do I have to uninstall the present version of Kaspersky before I can install the new one? If so how do I go about it?
    This and any other advice (in very basic non-techy language, I'm afraid) would be hugely appreciated.
    I'm relying on you Funsters to help me out here.....:)

2. steles

steles Read Only Funster

I need to install this today, or tomorrow at the latest. Has anyone any ideas, please?:)
    can't afford to be without it....

3. Borderland

Borderland Funster

I am not an expert but would have thought that you could install latest version of Kaspersky without uninstalling the present one. If you start the install process you should get a message if you need to uninstall first.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steles

steles Read Only Funster

Thanks Borderland, that's reassuring. It's a problem that 2014 is in my late husband's name, and I want to make sure it's all in my name now.

5. dryad

dryad Funster

if you have kaspersky already installed and have a new disc, presumably it came with the new password(s) too..
    all you need to do is to enter those to renew and update to the new version..
    i don't think it matters who purchased it, mine (kaspersky) ran out on my desktop pc a few months ago, i hadn't been using that particular computer for a while), my daughter purchased the new version for five devices, hers and mine, and i just added the passwords in the boxes to mine, there were four sets of letters and numbers, went through okay and automatically updated to the latest version.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. steles

steles Read Only Funster

that's brilliant, dryad. thank you. I feel a lot more confident now..:)

7. steles

steles Read Only Funster

well, the deed is done! have just installed Kaspersky 2015, and it seems to be working ok.... fingers crossed:):)

• Like Like x 1