Help please. Wanted fridge fixer in Portugal or Spain (1 Viewer)

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
My dometic fridge is not working properly on 12v fine though on gas. I'm about to head into northern Portugal and head down to the algarve in Portugal keeping close to Spanish border. Does anyone have an address or contact details of a motorhome fridge expert or any decent service centres who understand 12v electric and fridges. From Portugal we will head down to southern Spain if anyone has any experience of good a good fridge fixer there.
Thanks in advance.
P.S I struggle to change a plug, diy is not my thing. I rely on experts!!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Sounds like the 12 volt element has failed, unless it's the split charge relay playing up, but that would show up by your leisure battery not charging either. Can't help re a workshop but I sometimes forget to switch from gas to 12 v when driving and the fridge still works, but you would want to switch it off gas if you were refueling or going through certain tunnels.

Deleted User
Camperserve near Loule may be able to help.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Plus one for Camperserv on the Algarve, near Loule, just off the main N125 road.
Give them a call: Tommy Tucker is the English chap there.
Phone: +351 916581141.
Sat nav: 37.103416 -8.070708

There's also a very good Portuguese guy who does a mobile spares/repairs service along the Algarve coast, calling at various campsites/Aires regularly each week or so:
www.tecnocamper.com.pt
Guy speaks pretty good English.
Phone: +351 917224110

Last edited:
OP
OP
jimiol

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
So after exhausting all my technical skills(!!!) I tried camperserv near loule who have a great reputation only to find they couldn't see me for over 14 days. Having a fridge not working on 12v was becoming a pain so I called cantinho do caravanista (289358706) who said they'd see me in a 2 working days. They were great, found the fault, a wire between fridge and batteries that was frayed. Plus they fixed my water pump that was dying for a very reasonable fee. They are based at troto between faro and almancil on the N125. Excellent service. Onward

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
So after exhausting all my technical skills(!!!) I tried camperserv near loule who have a great reputation only to find they couldn't see me for over 14 days. Having a fridge not working on 12v was becoming a pain so I called cantinho do caravanista (289358706) who said they'd see me in a 2 working days. They were great, found the fault, a wire between fridge and batteries that was frayed. Plus they fixed my water pump that was dying for a very reasonable fee. They are based at troto between faro and almancil on the N125. Excellent service. Onward

Thanks for that, it's useful to know that there is another company in the area prepared to try to fix a problem in a reasonable timescale.
Camper serve have been doling out the "too busy to help you line",for a few years now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back