Help please truma won't work (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hi everyone , just getting the van ready for going away tomorrow and the truma 6 won't fire up on the heating it's working on the hot water side but not the heating , there are no fault codes on the panel and I have tried it on gas /electric and a mix but no joy . Any ideas guys ? P.s it has just come back from a habitation check and they drained all the water off but I think that's full again now .

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
There was a notice in their office that all systems would be left in a drained condition unless told not to . No idea why I guess just cover their selfs in case any thing goes wrong in winter .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
No nothing seems to working on the heating side I have it set on 30 c and the fan on boost but nothing

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
What control panel do you have for the truma?

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
image.jpg

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi everyone , just getting the van ready for going away tomorrow and the truma 6 won't fire up on the heating it's working on the hot water side but not the heating , there are no fault codes on the panel and I have tried it on gas /electric and a mix but no joy . Any ideas guys ? P.s it has just come back from a habitation check and they drained all the water off but I think that's full again now .

im don't know that heater , does it run on gas or electric or both and if so does the heating side not run on the electric only setting.. I'm taking it you are saying its not running on gas..
if the water is heating on gas then assuming there is only one burner for both tasks , if the heating isn't working its down to the fan so worth checking the fuse snd supply for the heating fan.
I'm sure someone will have more of an idea of what your problem is... there was a thread a few weeks ago (which i can't find or link to ) about this unit and there were some knowledgeable people, hopefully one of them spots this..
good luck hope it doesn't interfere with your trip..
andy

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Thanks Andy ,what you say makes sense i have checked the obvious fuses they are ok but there might be hidden ones in the heater unit itself so will check tomorrow and know it won't spoil my trip I will take a couple of heaters wit me and hope the caravan site electrics can stand it (y) The heater runs on electric or gas or a combination of both or it should do .

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Looking at the instructions, boost is for hot water?
You are probably right Boringfrog , but have had it on high and Eco as well but nothing . I will check for internal fuses tomorrow in the day light hopefully it just a blown fuse just seems strange it was working when it went to the dealer and now after it had a check up its not . Main dealers eh don't you just love em lol

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why not ring the dealer who did the hab service and ask to speak to the techy who did it ... he might know what to check.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Check that timers are not set preventing operation and when switching on electric heating even if fan is on boost , it is not in my experience instant.
You will also have a further clue if flame logo at top left is or is not flashing, it flashes when temperature is not reached.
Is the gas supply ok, there could be a reset button tripped.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Thanks everyone , will ring marquis up today but don't hold much hope with them if past experience is anything to go by. But it's not the end of the world got a little heater I can take and I am sure the pub will be warm :D and might be able to see a bit better in the daylight might be something obvious (y)

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
If you have the hot water set to boost it cancels the heating until the water is hot enough. if in doubt go to the spanner symbol reset the unit and then re-enter the time and settings.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
If you have the hot water set to boost it cancels the heating until the water is hot enough. if in doubt go to the spanner symbol reset the unit and then re-enter the time and settings.
Excellent SteveNTracy result every thing has just fired up .we are now warm and cosy many thanks and thanks to everyone who tried to help . Just shows the subscription is worth every penny :smiley:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Excellent SteveNTracy result every thing has just fired up .we are now warm and cosy many thanks and thanks to everyone who tried to help . Just shows the subscription is worth every penny :smiley:
... as is the phrase ... RTM (or RTBM) ... read the b...... manual! :D

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
... as is the phrase ... RTM (or RTBM) ... read the b...... manual! :D
Real blokes don't read manual :LOL: But to be fair the manual I glanced at did mention any thing Steve n Tracy said to do :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back