Help Please! Shipping Coachman Cross Country to UK from Florida USA

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by athompson54, May 10, 2011.

1. athompson54

athompson54 Read Only Funster

I am new here on the site:thumb:, so please be patient!

I am sure that this has all been discussed before but can anyone give me help/advice on the best way to ship from Florida:Cool: and then comply with UK import duty, VAT, modifications and registration etc. for my vehicles:

2006 Coachman Cross Country 385 DS (39 feet) registered to Montana LLC

1965 Ford Mustang convertible

3 Harley's 1996 to 2006.

All vehicles owned for more than a year as I have lived in Florida for 20 years, I understand that this may make a difference to the import duty and VAT.

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated.

:BigGrin:Many thanks in advance.

AT

2. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

l believe that if you have owned the vehicles for more than a year and have lived outside the EEU for more than a year, no vat and duties are payable on entry to the UK.
    l am sure someone more knowledgeable will come along and confirm this.

Craig

3. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

:Eeek: Cross Country to UK from Florida USA :Eeek:

Bloody good trick if you can do it

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Your shipping agent should have this information to hand. Does the RV conform to the maximum dimensions for a vehicle on British roads,you may have insurance problems otherwise.
    Can it all fit in the shipping container. ACL/Grimaldi ship into Liverpool try their local office in Liverpool.

http://www.aclcargo.com/contact.php

5. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

There are many Coachmen Cross Country RVs in the UK so l am sure it will comply.
    Craig

6. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

The Bible on importing from the States - according to John and Sandy White - who have been there and done it all before...........

See <here>

Dick

7. IanH

IanH Read Only Funster

Just watch out for the theiving scumbags in the British ports ,they will go through your property and take what they like.

8. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

We imported a Dodge Ram and truck Camper last year from Galveston, Texas, we used TransGlobal in Dallas, but they have offices all over the States, there offices in Bristol, dealt with everything this side, very proffessional company and we were very happy with their impeccable service. It is a shock how much duty and import duties are payable, even charge you v.a.t. on the duty and also on the full shipping costs.

We only owned ours for a few months before shipping it back, so you should save a lot having owned them for sometime.

Trans Global or whatever shipping agent you decide to use, will be able to tell what proportion of tax and duty you will have to pay on everything.

Ours was not put into a container- it was roll-on roll-off. And it is true, make sure the vehicles do not have anything stashed inside as they will go missing, we had stuff stolen from ours.

Good luck with your venture and hope that you will still keep in touch with MHF on your arrival.

Nigel and Pamala