Help please.re "Sky boxes" as Freesat boxes, in Portugal (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We are living in Portugal,and i have 3 Sky boxes, " 2 are SkyBSky ? DRX 890C.and the third is an Amstrad DRX550 that has never been used.
Is there any way i could rig any of these up and use them as "Free Sat" boxes please ? We have a HUGE Sat dish,so that is not a problem as regards signals. Any help would be appreciated,i do not have ANY TV knowledge,but know a man who i can get in touch with if the answer is yes,and he could then unravel any knowledge passed on.
Thanks in advance for any help,even if the answer is NO!! LOL
Tea Bag

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We had a sky box, no idea of model but it was the basic one at the time. As we didn't actually find anything worth watching on sky, when the subscription ran out we kept the box and used it to watch the freeway channels like BBC.

So I guess your boxes should do the same but I suspect you might need a 3m dish to pick up the Beeb, if it is possible at all.

@Satandpcguy is the expert.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
You cannot get Freesat on a Sky box - the are two different companies using different software.

But a Sky box without a sky card will get the same channels that are on a Freesat box.

If you want Freesat, and use the Freesat EPG, then you need a Freesat receiver.

But as you already have Sky boxes, and they get the same channels as you get on Freesat, and as channels on a SKy box and Freesat box use the same satellites, signals, and frequencies, unless you really want to then there is no need in changing from the sky boxes.

Unless you want the ability to record, in which case a Freesat+HD box allows you to record subscription free, whereas Sky boxes require a sky+ subscription to record.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Thanks to you all for reading this post. Thanks to Satandpcguy, thanks to DBK. and last but not least,thanks to Scotjimland,(From the face,it would appear we are on the same wavelength..LOL!!) and gus-lopez,result.
This has saved me the effort,of putting them under the back wheel and reversing over them,will let you all know, when the man i think can...... DOES LOL. Take care out there,it's hell on the hill !.
Tea Bag (Sky box horder OL)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back