Help please - headlight adapters - Rapido A class (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:smiley: Certainly getting our moneys worth out of Fun this week :smiley: As you may or may not know, we have just bought a Rapido A class :dance2::Grin:and we're off to France in a couple of weeks :dance2::Grin: and can't see how we're going to fix the headlight adapters :smiley:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If you mean beam deflectors you can't fit them.

The headlights are adjustable to make them suitable for driving on the right but to adjust them you need to get access to the back of the units. I've never been able to figure how how to do that so to date haven't worried about it. :whistle:

If you adjust the beam height as low as it will go (in the cab low to the right of the steering wheel you will see some buttons to do this and it will display on the dash) you should be fine. That's all I've ever done.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I don't think you need them. In eight years of driving in the EU without them i have never been "flashed at" for blinding people at night with our dipped beams. Seems to me you only need them if your lights dazzle oncoming drivers and mine apparently do not. I do carry small stick on beam deflectors which are suitable (Halfords) but have not fitted them. I suppose if I was stopped by some official I would simply produce them, apologise profusely for forgetting them while in their beautiful country, thank them for reminding me and hope to get away with it. Hasn't happened yet though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
If your lights are the same as mine there are 3 bolts at the back of the headlight. You have to remove 2 and slacken of the the 3rd which is in a slotted hole, then rotate the light round about 1/4turn and replace the bolts. It is very fiddly I haven't bothered for the last 5 years, my lights are so poor I don't think they would blind anybody anyway.

Spongy

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Just a thought. Many of the European vans don't need any headlight adjustment. My AClass dipped beam centres on the road and is designed so that driving on the left or right makes no difference. Best to check with Rapido direct as your dealer probably hadn't a clue. Maybe Rapido have an owners forum for technical help.

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Been going to Europe for 40 years!never bothered fitting beam deflectors!Sat waiting for the ferry last year,watching people fitting theirs but didn't see one foreign car coming off the ferry with them.Would'nt bother!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Thanks everyone :smiley: We're going to contact Rapido and check if we need to do anything, we think wiljoy is right and we won't need to do anything :smiley:

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I asked when we bought our 8 series and they said it was fiddly as per Spongy above and that no-one bothered.
Was stopped by the Gendarmes in 2014 at 2200hr and breathalysed in a Bailey. They had blocked the centre of the town and were testing everyone. Waiting my turn and realising my lights were not re-aligned I switched them off and then realising I was parked with no lights on I duly switched them on again. So French plod not interested in lights and did not ask for breathalyser kit either. As advised, switch light setting so the beam is pointing as low as possible and plan day so you do not drive at night then you will be ok.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back