Help please. At Lake Trasimeno in Umbria. (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 2015
Hello,
Can I take some advice please? We have been touring Tuscany and Umbria for 5 weeks and it has been glorious and warm. Our first time. Sorry the weather in the UK has been poor. We planned to come back via Switzerland into Germany and go up the Romantic Road. But the weather forecasts for Bavaria are pretty poor.

We need to be in Calais by 1 July. We are thinking of going into France, somewhere south of Lyon where the forecast is not too bad. But I have never done the trip from here out of Italy into France.

Could anyone offer advice please as to a decent route out of Italy perhaps via Turin. Is the A43 via Chambery any good. We need a decent road back please. My fillings have fallen out on the Italian road system.

We also need to find a French Vet for our Border Terrier Eddie and I have not brought my French maps. Idiot. That'll larn me.

All the best

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Returned via Turin last Autumn, to Monaco and then headed west, good motorway from turin to border, then choose through france.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Turin, Briancon, Col de Lauteret, Le Bourg d'Oisans, don't know the road numbers but avoids the expensive Frejus Tunnel. We were in the 5'er and did the trip from France, the road is fairly steep in places and a few hairpins but we made it OK in the 5'er.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Robert,
I think you are correct. I need to hear that sometimes.
I'm a great believer in using technology to make my life easier. Saves Mrs C having to map read too, so she can spend her time more usefully, such as telling me how to drive.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is that the tunnel toll?
Worth avoiding then,

Yes. Depends on height, they really sting you over 3m high according to web site. Great shame because it's one of the nicest ways to and from Italy. Done it many times on 2 wheels which is affordable.

In the van we've often dropped down to the Med coast, along and up Route Napoleon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Some might if they offer their CC at Mont Blanc to find over £200 gone missing.
34 for us when we went in this 4 years ago
image.jpeg

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I wouldn't bother to much about the forecast for Switzerland we just spent a week there and the forecast was awful every day, said it was thunder and showers most of the time it was sunny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back