Help, Off to S.France but whats the Aires book called and were to stop?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by tonywolst, Mar 15, 2012.

1. tonywolst

tonywolst Read Only Funster

A she title suggest, there a book with all the aires in it, but whats it called and were do you get it?
    were off to millau South France 3 kids the wife and I want to stop at aires on the way with other motorhomes on it for safety, any help or stops you've been to will help,
    Thanks

2. dshague

dshague Funster

3. lorger

lorger Funster

it called believe it or not All The Aires so you knew it all along but dint know that you knew it if you know what i mean:Rofl1::Rofl1:

4. dug

dug

Thanks

:thumb:Thanks for reminding me to get one!!!!
    I can't understand why someones just paid ....on Ebay...All the Aires - France: Motorhome Aires De Service Guide 2ND EDITION Item condition: Like New

Ended: 18 Mar, 201222:18:42 GMT
    Winning bid: £16.00 [ 11 bids ] + postage £2.00 =£18.00...:Blush:
    When you can get a third edition brand new for £17.50 as i just did..:BigGrin::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

The route you are taking

The route you are taking has some good and bad Aires.. the one in St Flour is not good.. just off the main road... for a little more there are many reasonable camp sites for over knighting that gives you hook up, water etc., and somewhere where the children can stretch there legs.

You do not say when you are thinking of going.. but the ACIS book of off season i.e not July or August will get you campsites at fixed prices and you know where you are heading then.. That book pays for it's self normally with a couple nights stay.. Vicarious Books also sell it, if they have any left this time of year.

Bob

6. sedge

sedge Funster

I agree about St Flour Bob. No way did we want to stay. Think you'd be safe enough in desperation though.

Tried it last year coming back from darn souf. It's part of the carpark in the centre of town. There was a big street market on at the time (appellation controlee chestnuts majored LOL) so we had a good old mooch round that, which we enjoyed, had some lunch and then carried on. Forget where we landed up.

Think St Pourcain sur Sioule is in much the same area isn't it ? - that one is nice. ON the other side of the Mway to St Flour though, if I'm even correct about its location! Well, gorgeous actually. Full of flowers - and a site warden on a bike who shows you to all possible free pitches. Very very popular. We'd certainly go there again, and (it appeared LOL) so would almost everyone else in Europe who drives a motorhome!

7. frogijock

frogijock Funster

The book you want is LE GUIDE NATIONAL DES AIRES DE SERVICE camping cars
    You can buy it in most supermarkets,garages, news agents or motorhome dealers in France cost is 9.90 euros

8. sedge

sedge Funster

.... and make sure the fold-up map is still in the back of it when you do. The one we bought 2 years ago, didn't realise till we were several hundred miles further on, that it was missing.