LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We are due to go away for the weekend so I thought I would fire up the van started no trouble.:thumb:

So I thought fire up the heating to warm up the habitation area :thumb: but to my horror no gas came through the pipes:Doh:

I am using calor lite bottles and the gas is gasing. So the problem must be elsewere. I thought maybe the regulator was frozen (is this possible?) so I warmed it with a hair dryer - no joy :cry:

Any ideas what to investigate next, I have the heating on electric to warm the van but obviously need the gas for cooking at the weekend.

Lunarman

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Maybe condensation in the pipe after the regulator,, or is it possible for gas to freeze after it has been through the regulator ??

Just guessing at the moment,, also if it is "Butane" as opposed to "Propane" might be freezing/frozen in the bottle.. :thumb:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Worth a try------------------turn EVERYTHING off--------open gas valve slowly------- the safety shut off might have decided not to play !!!
Do you KNOW you have lpg ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Ive had another go at it. I broke the output connection of the regulator and guess what - no gas!! Its one of the new secumotion type so it looks like a change of regulator is required.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Ive had another go at it. I broke the output connection of the regulator and guess what - no gas!! Its one of the new secumotion type so it looks like a change of regulator is required.

maybe silly suggestion .. but you do know about holding the button down on the regulator until the pressure builds up in the line?

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
maybe silly suggestion .. but you do know about holding the button down on the regulator until the pressure builds up in the line?

Yes I am aware of that and it was my first thought. But no gas comes through the regulator when it is pressed.

Lunarman

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging

beat me to it Jim its the green button on regulator caught me out once, also green button on connection to bottle also.

Dave.:thumb::thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
If your gas is Butane then its almost certain that the temperature is too low for the gas to boil so nothing comes out of the bottle.

see Link Removed

Doug...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If your gas is Butane then its almost certain that the temperature is too low for the gas to boil so nothing comes out of the bottle.

see Link Removed

Doug...

Correct Doug, but he has Calor lite .. which is propane

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

Hi, we got a Secumotion in Germany in September, if started messing around when we go back home in October, so phoned them got put through to the Service and Technical department :Doh: and had a ding dong. They told me that I was trying to run to much Gas! :whatthe: I said so the heating has to be OFF to cook a meal then...............:cry:

Phoned them again last week, told them the Regulator was crap, they tried to put me through to the " Service and Technical department ". ::bigsmile: But I was having none of that ............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Been there done that, :Smile: said I will try the " Warranty " department as its only a few weeks old. :Angry:

Sent it back recorded delivery, said I don't want another..........................Just waiting for them to say " its not covered under warranty " then the Fun begins.:thumb: :roflmto: Bob.

http://www.trumauk.com/contact.asp

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Right I've taken off the secumotion and it is completely blocked. I have a spare bulkhead mounted regulator that is not secumotion so great I thought I'll fit that.:thumb: But things are not that easy the the pipework on the van is 8mm and the Regulator I have has a 10mm fitting. :Doh:

So now I have to find a fitting and I bet they wont sell me one as I'm not gas safe registered. I'll have to let them fit it and pay a fortune for the privilege. :shout:

Lunarman

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, is it not possible to unscrew the 8mm male fitting out of the Secumotion regulator and screw it into the one you have. :Smile: Bob.

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Unfortunately the one I have has a different fixing and the secumotion wont fit

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
No what I need is an 8mm one of these gaslow fittings

01-1683_lge.jpg

And I need it by Wednesday!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, Gaslow W20 with test point for 8mm Copper

Link Removed

:Smile: Bob.

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Thanks Bob but I need to look closer to home to be sure of getting it in time. There are 2 gaslow dealers with 15 miles of me so I will checking them in the morning.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we got a Secumotion in Germany in September, if started messing around when we go back home in October, so phoned them got put through to the Service and Technical department :Doh: and had a ding dong. They told me that I was trying to run to much Gas! :whatthe: I said so the heating has to be OFF to cook a meal then...............:cry:

Phoned them again last week, told them the Regulator was crap, they tried to put me through to the " Service and Technical department ". ::bigsmile: But I was having none of that ............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Been there done that, :Smile: said I will try the " Warranty " department as its only a few weeks old. :Angry:

Sent it back recorded delivery, said I don't want another..........................Just waiting for them to say " its not covered under warranty " then the Fun begins.:thumb: :roflmto: Bob.

http://www.trumauk.com/contact.asp

Hi, got a letter back today, they are sending me a replacement free of charge, they sent pictures of oil based contamination in it, they say that it might be my rubber hoses...............:RollEyes: But never asked if I was using autogas or what hoses I have. ::bigsmile: And the regulator I have put back on has been on for the last 2 years without any problems, :Smile: so they are not admitting the Secumotion is crap, :RollEyes: slight drop in pressure it cuts off, but are willing to replace it. :Doh:::bigsmile: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back