Help !!! Newbie in trouble Chausson Flash 03 230v issues (1 Viewer)

linuxyeti

Free Member
May 4, 2013
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi All

Newbie here, we have just got a 2009 Chausson Flash 03, and it's really nice, arrived onsite last night, and everything worked fine. However, must have done something silly today, not sure what.

THe mains hook up is not working as it should, the 230V breaker a CBE-120DS appears all fine, and the fridge is working off the mains, however, the 3 ping plug sockets and abttery charger are now not working. I'm sure it's going to be something simple to to those of you experienced people.

The base vehicle is a Ford Transit

The 230V breaker/switch is a CBE DS-120S
The main fuse box is a a DS-300
Control panel is a PC 150TR

If anyody can help, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Tony

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
And make sure all the 240v breakers are flipped upwards!:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

linuxyeti

Free Member
May 4, 2013
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi

Tried that, no joy, alas, no power to the 240V plug sockets either? :(

Cheers

Tony

That's if you do mean, the CB-516 battery charger?

OP
OP
L

linuxyeti

Free Member
May 4, 2013
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi

I can only see the 2 on the DC-120s, and they are both linked, and both are in the up position, or are there any other MCB's elsewhere in the motorhome?

Cheers
Tony

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It's normal for Chausson to put the 240V distribution box, 12V distribution box and charger all together.
Are you SURE the fridge is running on 240V?:whatthe:

It sounds more like the MCB on the EHU post has tripped!

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Check hook up station fuse just a thought

OP
OP
L

linuxyeti

Free Member
May 4, 2013
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi

Yes, the fridge is working off the 240 V hook up, as it switches off when the hook up cable is unplugged, and also when I switch the MB's off (down) on the D-120

Cheers

Tony

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
HiWe had a similar problem on our first time out in the bus.
Our problem was that we hadn't turned the connector in the hook up to switch on the power! We didn't find out til we tried to use the 3 pin socket the next morning. It was our neighbour who came and put us right!!
Felt right numpties but it's all a bit of a learning curve!! :Doh:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
OK it sounds like you have covered it all!:Sad:

Sadly I will bow out with my tail between my legs. I would need to be there with a multimeter to diagnose this one!

Good luck!

OP
OP
L

linuxyeti

Free Member
May 4, 2013
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi

The 240V sockets were working fine, but aren't now, must have done something silly !!!

Cheers

Tony

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The CBE 240V cables are all linked at a little grey junction box screwed to the floor under the kitchen cupboards I think. They are only connected by small 3 pin nylon plugs. Have you been under the kitchen units and inadvertently pulled a cable out?

Last ditch suggestion!

-Jon

Last edited:

Tarbet Balfour

Free Member
Jul 3, 2017
Belfast
Funster No
MH
Motorhome Chausson
Exp
since 2011
Hi All

Newbie here, we have just got a 2009 Chausson Flash 03, and it's really nice, arrived onsite last night, and everything worked fine. However, must have done something silly today, not sure what.

THe mains hook up is not working as it should, the 230V breaker a CBE-120DS appears all fine, and the fridge is working off the mains, however, the 3 ping plug sockets and abttery charger are now not working. I'm sure it's going to be something simple to to those of you experienced people.

Thanks

Tony
Hi All

Thanks

Tony

Tarbet Balfour

Free Member
Jul 3, 2017
Belfast
Funster No
MH
Motorhome Chausson
Exp
since 2011
Tried all the options on this thread to solve this problem... Eventually tried this and it worked. Mine was an intermittent fault over three years.

Firstly disconnect the 240v supply from the motor home this must be done for safety purposes.
Second remove the 240v fuse box cover.
Thirdly below the RCCBs, or common name 240v fuses there is a row of connectors. ONE at a time squeeze in the retaining clips at each end and pull the connector out.
NEXT you will notice a male connector end inside the connector attached to the circuit board. use a very small screw driver, and where you see a cross, at the end of the male connector, splay the tip by inserting the screw driver into both the slits, or alternatively use an awl and insert it into the centre splaying the end of the male terminal. after they are done re insert the connector.
Do this for each connector in turn until ALL are done.
This should do the trick if after all other options have been exhausted. I worked for me. RCCBS trip if there is a poor connection, faulty device, appliance or a short.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I had a similar problem once - it took a well known m/h dealer 3 days to find it.

I'd managed to slightly pull apart one of the plastic connectors in the under-seat storage locker close to the back of one of the sockets. Couldn't tell just by looking.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
This thread is 4 years old.
If he didn't fix it, he probably sold the van!

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Tried all the options on this thread to solve this problem... Eventually tried this and it worked. Mine was an intermittent fault over three years.

Firstly disconnect the 240v supply from the motor home this must be done for safety purposes.
Second remove the 240v fuse box cover.
Thirdly below the RCCBs, or common name 240v fuses there is a row of connectors. ONE at a time squeeze in the retaining clips at each end and pull the connector out.
NEXT you will notice a male connector end inside the connector attached to the circuit board. use a very small screw driver, and where you see a cross, at the end of the male connector, splay the tip by inserting the screw driver into both the slits, or alternatively use an awl and insert it into the centre splaying the end of the male terminal. after they are done re insert the connector.
Do this for each connector in turn until ALL are done.
This should do the trick if after all other options have been exhausted. I worked for me. RCCBS trip if there is a poor connection, faulty device, appliance or a short.
Hi and welcome to FUN . It is unusual for a new member to come on with a solution to a problem. Well done.
As has been said the thread is 4 years old, the OP came on desperate for help in his free posts.
If you want to continue to help others you will have to pay your subs £15 it is the easiest £15 i spend every year.

:hiya2::WelcomeFlag:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back