Help needed with Truma Combi 6 (1 Viewer)

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Our new Auto Sleepers Broadway FB was finally delivered yesterday, after a 6 month wait. I then embarked on the task of trying to figure out out everything works, starting with the heating system.

I hooked the van up to the grid and worked my way through the options on the control panel. It all seemed fairly intuitive and so I set the space heating to work on electricity only, gas only and then conbined. They all worked. Bingo! I should mention that throughout the water heater was set to off, as I have not yet filled the water tank.

I turned the system to electric only and left it to its own devices for a couple of hours. When I returned to have van it was fairly cold, the heating was not working and an exclamation mark symbol was on the display. I could not get it to work and so left it.

I went to the van again this afternoon. At first I could not get heater to work but solved the problem with s bit of random button pushing. Again, I left it to work on electric only for a couple of hours. On returning the result was as before : the van was cold, the heating was not working and the exclamation mark symbol was on the control panel.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I did wonder if it might be some sort of safety cut-off tripping, perhaps as a result of overheating. As it is a blown air system, I can't see that the empty water tanks and the fact that the water heater is switched off can be the cause.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I'm no expert but have you filled the truma with water and run the tap to clear any air within the system? It does sound as though it's over heating, alternatively it could be a power issue with the 240v supply?

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Mine tends to do this when there is no 230v supply, or switched onto gas without gas being available

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
When the exclamation point appears you can cycle thru and select it. You will then be presented with a code. I currently have an intermittent W89H code which spoiled a trip to France as nothing would work.

See what the code is then google it or look in the owners manual (not all codes are in the manual hence google)

I would also suggest filling with water. It might like that 10litres in there as a heat jacket or something.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have not yet filled the water tank.
No need ..

• The heater can be operated even if the water container hasn’t been filled

You have an exclamation mark.. Can you find the Fault Code ?

Troubleshooting guide here with fault codes.

If that is not your controller download the correct one here

OP
OP
Stretto Boy

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks all. I will give your suggestions a try when I get home from work tonight. Scotjimland : yes, that's the one, a Truma CP Plus so thanks for that.

A thought occurred to me when driving to work this morning. I mentioned that, on each occasion, the heater worked OK when I was in the MH, but it had stopped and the exclamation mark had appeared when I returned. On both occasions, as I left the van, I turned off the main power switch on the Sargent control panel. The Truma control panel was still powered up but that is as I would expect as I assume that it is not controlled by the Sargent panel.

So I am wondering if the heater fan operates off the 12 volt supply and I am therefore turning it off when I leave the van, thus effectively disabling the system. The more I think about it, the more I am sure that the fan must be 12 volt because otherwise you would not be able to operate the heating even on gas when off grid.

So is the answer that it is operator error on my part or, as my late father would have said, I am just a complete nincompoop?

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
There's you problem(y)

You've currently go it selected on either Elec 1 or 2, which means the heating element is operated by the 240v supply that you've been turning off, hence the symbol indicating a problem:D

Don't you just love it when a problem is easily resolved.

OP
OP
Stretto Boy

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
This may prove my long-held theory. If things go wrong, just assume that I am an idiot! :( Although, if this is the answer, I can at least give myself credit for working it out eventually :) Fingers crossed!

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
We have all been there at some point, and i bet even the worldly experienced of us make some cockups from time to time, but just let me remind you of a saying my Mrs says to me when i cockup :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back