Help needed vitron inverter/charger

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Terry, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi can anyone tell me what I have bought and explain what it does please ---PAUL is not around and I cannot wait for him :BigGrin:Ii HAVE BOUGHT THE WHOLE CABOODLE BUT GRABBED THESE BITS FOR NOW
    ESPACHER 4.5 KW DIESEL water heater that also delivers hot air heating -I think or some form of rads heating
    7 day timmer
    and this victron sine wave inverter.charger unit -no idea on this because it is fed by 240v in att to a single 95 amp hr battery but nothing 240v out on the whole unit
    it's out of a ministry road side dipping unit
    Once I get all the cupboards etc i will be able to see how things work but hey I am inpatient:Eeek: so thought some of you guys would know something about it all :thumb::BigGrin:
    terry

Attached Files:

2. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Hi Terry

It's one of these. http://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multiplus-12v-24v-48v-800va-3kva/

Battery charger

Inverter 1200watt with automatic changeover from hook up to inverter power in the event of hook up power failure.

And as I understand it the ability to boost the site hook up amperage by adding the battery powered inverter 240volts to the hook up amps.

All in a nice bit of kit.

Martin

• Like Like x 1
  3. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Taking the light show at Camper Jam a bit far arn't you Terry :Wink:

• Like Like x 2
  4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I fitted the Victron in my RV , bought it from Karl ,

It is a charger, and inverter in one box.. and much more .. fab bit of kit ..

plenty info on Victron site

Also shows the remote control panel.

• Like Like x 1
  5. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Terry

Terry Funster

:BigGrin: Thanks guys :thumb: I knew it was expensive but could not figure out it's exact use :BigGrin: still cannot :Wink: but Paul will :thumb:-The benches alone are worth what I paid for the whole lot along with the heater/water combi thing --ended up with 3 water pumps and two 4 gall water tanks and one full of contaminated diesel plus another pump for the diesel loads of thick cables 2 electric trip units that the Victron thing plugs into and lots of other bits --ALL I NEED NOW IS A VAN TO FIT IT ALL INTO :Doh::BigGrin: plus sell the bloody Transit to release funds to buy one with :BigGrin:
    terry

7. Terry

Terry Funster

At this rate I will have to start looking at SOLAR PANELS NEXT :Doh::BigGrin:
    No light's Paul :Wink: you and Mick will have to fight between yourselves for that title :thumb:
    It's all going into the garage :Doh::Doh::Doh: for MY new van when I do it :BigGrin:
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  8. andy63

andy63 Funster

how do you do it????? you will have to teach me.. only bargin I can ever remember getting was some power steering for my old transit, and on reflection that was most probably nicked :Eeek:
    that looks similar to the heater I fitted into my van..

ta andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

For the inverter:

http://www.victronenergy.com/manuals-per-product/?productid=145

For the Eberspacher:

http://www.espar.com/download-center/truck.html

Espar = Eberspacher in Canada.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Andy a case of who you know more than what :BigGrin:Wait until I get the rest and take a pic or two :thumb:
    I normally only put new stuff into the vans but in this case for my own I will make an exception :Wink::BigGrin:
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  11. Terry

Terry Funster

Here are a few pics of the unit that everything was fitted in so now they will become garage units eventually --Paul's been down to look but cannot get to see much so we are eventually going to fit everything back into the units so we /he knows whats wired to what :BigGrin: then remove it all ready to go into a van :thumb:
    terry

Attached Files:

12. Terry

Terry Funster

a few more pics

Attached Files:

13. Geordies

Geordies Funster

We don't use that type of inverter at work, but a couple of general points which you may not have considered.

If you plug in the unit to 240v it will give 240v out of its socket. In the event of a power failure it will continue to give 240v for a length of time dependant upon the load and the size of the batteries it is running off. (Ours run from a battery bank the size of a washing machine). However, ours, and possibly yours, have an audible device to let you know the mains has failed. Hence if you pull the hook up you may have to reset this audible device, if it will let you, each time.

Also, check if the DC output is 24v or 12v before connecting anything. Ours give out 24v.

• Like Like x 1