since07
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
The first one is disguised to look like a shoe. Very clever.

Second seems OK. I'm using an Asus tablet right now. That one seems powerful enough. It's hard to buy a poor laptop nowadays.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
The first one Joy looks very much like a re-booted version :),the second one would suit her purposes much better imo .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
@movan: The processor speed being only dual core on the link you posted is a bit slow especially combined with Windows 10, there is only 4GB of Ram so the system will be slow to load and may freeze when running DVD visuals depending on the viewer. This one below is in my view a better deal, looks like a returned laptop to Argos as they are the sellers:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toshiba-S...Hz-8GB-1TB-Windows-Laptop-Black-/351627042937

Its a AMD processor but it is a Quad core running at 2Ghz (effectively 4 x processors) with 8GB of RAM. The storage is the same but it is a better laptop in build terms and it costs a little less.
HTH Brian.

Edit: PS don't buy any software with it, let me know what she is after and I will see what I have lying around :sneaky:;)

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you so very, very much. Have copied your post and texted it to my daughter. Really appreciate your advice.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
How about a chromebook pleased with mine

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
@movan: The processor speed being only dual core on the link you posted is a bit slow especially combined with Windows 10, there is only 4GB of Ram so the system will be slow to load and may freeze when running DVD visuals depending on the viewer. This one below is in my view a better deal, looks like a returned laptop to Argos as they are the sellers:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toshiba-S...Hz-8GB-1TB-Windows-Laptop-Black-/351627042937

Its a AMD processor but it is a Quad core running at 2Ghz (effectively 4 x processors) with 8GB of RAM. The storage is the same but it is a better laptop in build terms and it costs a little less.
HTH Brian.

Edit: PS don't buy any software with it, let me know what she is after and I will see what I have lying around :sneaky:;)

Seconded... Much better for your daughters needs...(y)

The first link in your op is more suited to granddaughters needs....:)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
This one below is in my view a better deal, looks like a returned laptop to Argos as they are the sellers:

D9nt worry about it being a possible Argos return Joy.
Many returns are simply unwanted gifts or wrong item ordered etc....all carry an Argos warranty as normal.
Even many items which have been opened for the customer to inspect are classed as returns but hsve never left the sales counter.
If the sealed box has been opened it cant be sold as new.
Even returned faulty items, if repaired, are given a full guarantee

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

HTH Brian.

I agree. I had a similar Toshiba (but with an Intel processor). I only changed it because I wanted a desktop machine and our granddaughter is using it now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back