Help needed in wiring reversing camera etc!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by colyboy, Oct 17, 2014.

1. colyboy

colyboy Funster

I have a Hobby van with Waeco camera fixed to the back. The monitor has packed up. I have now replaced it with a rear view monitor ( one that clips on to the mirror). I managed to get ever thing working (more by luck than judgement) when I select reverse, BUT would like to have it on all the time so that I could see what is happening behind. Would this be possible?

From the camera I have two wires: 1 grey & white 1 black & red

From the monitor 4 wires: 1 blue 1 red/black 1 black with yellow plug 1 black with yellow plug

I connected up one of the black wire/yellow plug to the black/red from camera

The black cable and red cable I connected to the black & red from the camera

As I said it all seems to work with the connections I made when I select reverse.

Hope some one can help

colyboy

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

The feed wire to the system will almost certainly come from the reversing lights.. Simply find it, cut it and wire it to something that comes on with the ignition

The other possible ( though rarely used nowadays ) is the negative line being switched via the reversing switch on the gear box. But as I say, tis rare indeed that is used..

3. colyboy

colyboy Funster

Jaws, Thank you I will have a look .
    colyboy

4. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi
    I fitte one on my last MH, not on with reverse selection but I wired in to the interior light above the mirror so I could turn the camera on with a seperate toggle switch mounted next to the light, so I could have it on or off with a rear view if required. Pete