Help needed has anyone got a Fiat Ducato Pegaso

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Cara-Lynn, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Cara-Lynn

Cara-Lynn Read Only Funster

Hi

We have recently bought the Pegaso it was made in 2000. We are novices to the world of campers. We are having a few issues as we only have limited paperwork about it, we don't know how to get the gas started, we have opened the valve to the gas bottle, checked there is gas in the bottle, we have also turned the valve on inside the camper, but nothing seems to come through to the cooker, or other gas appliances. Is anyone able to give us a few tips, or point us in the right direction to get hold of an operating manual for the camper. Luckily the electric works on hook up so I can make a cup of tea which is the most important thing. any help would really be apreciated thank you

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

if you have got all the relevant valves in the on position, and gas in the cylinder, it may be a faulty regulator. more common on later vehicles with a bulkhead regulator, unless one is fitted to yours, but the older bottle mounted ones do occasionally fail

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi .. you may have have a regulator that has a reset button that needs resetting when you change bottle or have it isolated for a while..

there is also the Truma crash sensing model which has a reset button

4. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I'm guessing it is a Roller Team, in which case you could try contacting them. http://www.rollerteammotorhomes.co.uk
    They may be able to offer advice over the phone as well.

As for the gas, are you sure there is some in the bottle? Otherwise I would suspect the regulator if you are sure all the valves are open. Ones in a pipe are normally open when the handle is parallel to the pipe, worth checking one isn't shut when you think it is open. :)

5. Treeeev

Treeeev Funster

Have you pushed and held pushed in the knobs on the cooker and fridge as you turn them on and light them? There is a flame failure device which needs to be warmed up for approx 15 secs before the knobs can be released and allow normal operation

Cheers

Trevor

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cara-Lynn

Thank you for the advice, I will try some of the suggestions you have all made, really apreciated it, let's hope I can cook my bacon and egg next time we go out in it

• Like Like x 1
  7. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Isolating valves? Usually in a cupboard and / or under Kitchen? Often red handles, Open (as stated) should be "in line" with the pipe.

Pete

8. Larby

Larby Funster

I changed to a new bottle last year and no gas! It was one that has a rupture device built in in case pigtail bursts. Had to open hob then turn on gas gently to purge the pipes. Once there was back pressure it was fine.
    Also some pigtails have a small button at the bottle end, try pressing that as well.

9. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

If it is a 2000 model I would not expect it to have a crash-sensing regulator and associated pigtails.
    I would, however, suspect a faulty regulator at that age (assuming it's a bulkhead model). If it is a Truma regulator, then there is a high probability it is at the end of life at 15 years. Another possibility - are you using Calor butane gas (blue bottle)? If so, it has been pretty chilly over the last few days and butane may be struggling to evaporate and this would be made worse if the regulator is dodgy. Best to use Propane (red bottles) as this will evaporate at temperatures below 0ºC. (Assuming you don't have a refillable system of course.)

10. Cara-Lynn

Hi Just wanted to thank everyone for there advice, we have now resolved the problem, the regulator was faulty, but there was also a problem with the gas bottle connection too as it wasnt a standard fitting, luckily flow gas took the non standard bottle and gave us a normal one, we are now up and running. Sure it wont be the last time I ask for advice

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Glad to hear you can cook your breakfast now, and
    welcome animated smiley.gif