Help needed has anyone got a Fiat Ducato Pegaso (1 Viewer)

Cara-Lynn

Free Member
Apr 7, 2016
Coventry
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Pegaso
Exp
Hi

We have recently bought the Pegaso it was made in 2000. We are novices to the world of campers. We are having a few issues as we only have limited paperwork about it, we don't know how to get the gas started, we have opened the valve to the gas bottle, checked there is gas in the bottle, we have also turned the valve on inside the camper, but nothing seems to come through to the cooker, or other gas appliances. Is anyone able to give us a few tips, or point us in the right direction to get hold of an operating manual for the camper. Luckily the electric works on hook up so I can make a cup of tea which is the most important thing. any help would really be apreciated thank you

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if you have got all the relevant valves in the on position, and gas in the cylinder, it may be a faulty regulator. more common on later vehicles with a bulkhead regulator, unless one is fitted to yours, but the older bottle mounted ones do occasionally fail

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi .. you may have have a regulator that has a reset button that needs resetting when you change bottle or have it isolated for a while..

there is also the Truma crash sensing model which has a reset button

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm guessing it is a Roller Team, in which case you could try contacting them. http://www.rollerteammotorhomes.co.uk
They may be able to offer advice over the phone as well.

As for the gas, are you sure there is some in the bottle? Otherwise I would suspect the regulator if you are sure all the valves are open. Ones in a pipe are normally open when the handle is parallel to the pipe, worth checking one isn't shut when you think it is open. :)

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Have you pushed and held pushed in the knobs on the cooker and fridge as you turn them on and light them? There is a flame failure device which needs to be warmed up for approx 15 secs before the knobs can be released and allow normal operation

Cheers

Trevor

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
C

Cara-Lynn

Free Member
Apr 7, 2016
Coventry
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Pegaso
Exp
Thank you for the advice, I will try some of the suggestions you have all made, really apreciated it, let's hope I can cook my bacon and egg next time we go out in it

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Isolating valves? Usually in a cupboard and / or under Kitchen? Often red handles, Open (as stated) should be "in line" with the pipe.

Pete

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I changed to a new bottle last year and no gas! It was one that has a rupture device built in in case pigtail bursts. Had to open hob then turn on gas gently to purge the pipes. Once there was back pressure it was fine.
Also some pigtails have a small button at the bottle end, try pressing that as well.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
If it is a 2000 model I would not expect it to have a crash-sensing regulator and associated pigtails.
I would, however, suspect a faulty regulator at that age (assuming it's a bulkhead model). If it is a Truma regulator, then there is a high probability it is at the end of life at 15 years. Another possibility - are you using Calor butane gas (blue bottle)? If so, it has been pretty chilly over the last few days and butane may be struggling to evaporate and this would be made worse if the regulator is dodgy. Best to use Propane (red bottles) as this will evaporate at temperatures below 0ºC. (Assuming you don't have a refillable system of course.)

OP
OP
C

Cara-Lynn

Free Member
Apr 7, 2016
Coventry
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Pegaso
Exp
Hi Just wanted to thank everyone for there advice, we have now resolved the problem, the regulator was faulty, but there was also a problem with the gas bottle connection too as it wasnt a standard fitting, luckily flow gas took the non standard bottle and gave us a normal one, we are now up and running. Sure it wont be the last time I ask for advice

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Glad to hear you can cook your breakfast now, and
welcome animated smiley.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun