help needed for repair to sunroof (1 Viewer)

Aug 23, 2012
Newburgh
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
8 yr
Hi, whilst driving through a very windy north yorkshire moor this weekend my sunroof on my Chausson welcome 78 became loose - the clips to hold it down weren't holding - then the mechanism completely broke - so ended up driving slower home with a rope holding it down to the door handle.

I live near Chorley in Lancs and local dealer very unhelpful - have a few trips planned so looking for a quick fix.
Am I best just phoning some local caravan repairers or can anyone suggest something.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Hi, whilst driving through a very windy north yorkshire moor this weekend my sunroof on my Chausson welcome 78 became loose - the clips to hold it down weren't holding - then the mechanism completely broke - so ended up driving slower home with a rope holding it down to the door handle.

I live near Chorley in Lancs and local dealer very unhelpful - have a few trips planned so looking for a quick fix.
Am I best just phoning some local caravan repairers or can anyone suggest something.

If you know the brand name or can add a photo maybe a member can offer help or advice.

I had a Remis roof window that I repaired myself. Remis wanted £170 for a gearbox. I managed to repair it for a fraction of that. They sold a repair kit but for some reason they don't tell you about it unless you know about it. Bunch of **@%##s !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back