help needed. Dog peeing on door (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Apologies for the thread name. Jim, modify it if you feel the need. I have put this on photography as I am looking for a camera. The issue I have is that there is a dog that is being allowed ( we don't have an issue with strays in the area ) to come up our drive and wee on our door. I can understand why the dog does this because we have a collie bitch. I am annoyed by the owner. This only happens when we are both at work. I am looking for a discreet motion activated camera that I can discretely position outside to capture footage of the dog and hopefully the owner. If I can get footage of the dog i'm sure I will be able to find the owner. There are many cameras out there but I am looking to get a balance of picture quality to cost.Many thanks

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You need the loan, (from a friendly farmer), of a low voltage electric fence unit. Just law the wires beneath the door, and you wont see a return trip of your stray dog. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
This really winds me up. The other day while walking our dog Mobi (staffy bulldog X) I happened upon a chap walking his mutt with an extendable lead. He stood at the end of someone else's drive and allowed his mutt to go all the way up to the drive owners car and piss up the wheel. I did suggest he ought to take more control of where his dog went. Met him again this morning, still allowing his mutt to go full length of the lead. Mutt encountered Mobi who can be a bit "boisterous" with other dogs and positively aggressive with others (which is why he is excercised on a short lead). Aggressive was on the menu this morning and Mutt got tangled in his loose lead trying to get away. I kept Mobi under control but Mutt was in danger of being run over as the owner was on the other side of the road at the time. The dog's not to blame of course its just the moronic owners at fault.

D.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Came across a German guy in Greece, he had 2lt plastic bottles filled with water one beside each wheel I asked why, he said (in sign language) to stop the dogs peeing on the wheels. Dogs aren't keen on reflections, so it may work worth a try.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Thanks, it looks good. Do you know if it has the capability to record to an sd card?

If when you have set it up you have the app on your phone ,then I believe you can record it onto your phones SD card

hope this is helpful :)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Dogs scent where to put their own. May be worth using a proprietry spray from a pet shop to mask any existing scent from the door and a fair way from it.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Problem here is dog shit on the path beyond our hedge.
We don't need to use the path so I refuse to clean it up.
I don't want it, so if I find out who the owner is they'll get it on their doorsteps, let it get into their carpets.
Their dog's shit, after all.
I have heavily dosed the path and grass beyond (also a dog toilet) with pepper and ground chili.
If the owners won't clean up, the alternative is to deter use.

"I always pick up"....yeah, only if they think someone us watching.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks, it looks good. Do you know if it has the capability to record to an sd card?
Don't know but if you read the blurb you can access it with you smart phone so I would think you can.we used to use one called a memo cam when we were dealing with distraction burglar victims to see if we were able to record further incidents they were very good and caught thieves on camera.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Problem here is dog shit on the path beyond our hedge.
We don't need to use the path so I refuse to clean it up.
I don't want it, so if I find out who the owner is they'll get it on their doorsteps, let it get into their carpets.
Their dog's shit, after all.
I have heavily dosed the path and grass beyond (also a dog toilet) with pepper and ground chili.
If the owners won't clean up, the alternative is to deter use.

"I always pick up"....yeah, only if they think someone us watching.
We were walking round the"Slaughters" near Bourton on the Water, by the river when an older (should know better) guy 's dog crapped on the banking, the old git pratted about a bit with a bag until we passed then kicked the shit into the river as we looked back. What a dirty dickhead!!!!!!
Cheers, Dave(n)(n)

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We were walking round the"Slaughters" near Bourton on the Water, by the river when an older (should know better) guy 's dog crapped on the banking, the old git pratted about a bit with a bag until we passed then kicked the shit into the river as we looked back. What a dirty dickhead!!!!!!
Cheers, Dave(n)(n)
We were on a canal boat a few years back. We had just picked up when an elderly gent came along with his dog and he had a small plastic shovel. He said to us' you need to get one of those'. We looked puzzled. He explained you just flick the poo into the canal. When we said that was disgusting he replied " you don't see the ducks and swans getting out when they need to poo". We still pick up

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
You could spray the door with surgical spirit diluted about 1:4 with water. This should destroy all smell Andrew in turn should deter the dog from returning.
You can also spray the area round the door, on the ground I mean, with citronella oil in water. Dogs don't like the smell, might keep him away.
The dog is just following instinct, owner is at fault for not controlling the dog.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Cheers, Dave(n)(n)
Saw an elderly lady in Lymington carefully picked up her dogs poo in a bag then stuffed it in a hedge at shoulder heights - nice!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Cheers, Dave(n)(n)
I would do exactly the same. And why not?? It's not 'dirty' at all!. o_O

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
NC220 purchased and set up. I am having trouble setting it to email me a picture when activated by motion. All settings look ok and test email is ok. Any one got any suggestions. Also is there a way to set it up to record on a pc to data stick or sd card. Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back