Help! Need a new mirror for Elvis (1 Viewer)

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
A really nasty, evil, white van man, forced me almost of the road on Sunday, whilst he was speeding , too far over my side and smashed my mirror and yes, just drove off!:cry:

He is a Pug Boxer, 2003 model and we were quoted £81 :Eeek: just for a bit of glass! Havin a laugh me thinks!

Any ideas where we might find one for alot less? gonna look at Ebay later too. Help would be much appreciated.

Nasty Van people! :Angry:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Mirror Glass

Hi

Take the old glass (if removeable) and hawk it round the motor factors there are a lot of sizes available which might just do the trick. Also try Halfords, and the Local Land Rover dealers some OLD S series had big(ish) mirrors too. Truck dealers can also be a Source?.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Make a cardboard template and take it to a reputable glazier/glass supplier and they will/should cut one for you,, they have a machine that cuts glass/mirrors to weird and wonderful shapes..

If possible seal the edges and back as the reflective stuff they put on some glass is like a tin foil and will lift after a while if damp gets between the glass and foil. :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Similar accident a couple of years ago smashed the lower glass on the nearside. I found that the local Fiat dealer was a lot cheaper than the Peugeot dealer. It's the same part on Boxers and Ducatos. If I remember correctly just over £20 as against the £80odd which Peugeot quoted.

That reminds me. Before I discovered I could get the glass at a reasonable price I had ordered a complete manual unit (ours is electric) and couldn't cancel. It's been in the garage ever since. Must put it on eBay.

Graham

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Similar accident a couple of years ago smashed the lower glass on the nearside. I found that the local Fiat dealer was a lot cheaper than the Peugeot dealer. It's the same part on Boxers and Ducatos. If I remember correctly just over £20 as against the £80odd which Peugeot quoted.

That reminds me. Before I discovered I could get the glass at a reasonable price I had ordered a complete manual unit (ours is electric) and couldn't cancel. It's been in the garage ever since. Must put it on eBay.

Graham

hang on to it Graham....one day fiat/pug will stop making them and run out of back stock........then put it on ebay at YOUR price...:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Elvis

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
good old ebay

Thanks for everyones help re this matter - but good old Ebay done it again, found the mirror! £15 with postal costs ::bigsmile: Elvis is complete again ::bigsmile:

The Wild Ones

Free Member
Jan 4, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Fledgelings
Hi

Not sure of the mirror on your vehicle, our boxer based Pilote uses the same mirrors as a lorry. If this is the case with yours then this site may be of interest? very reasonable, upgraded the pair on my mine!

Kamikase Clots seem to be on the increase!! I hope his was trashed as well!

Link Removed

Howard

Last edited:

Yetties

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Radstock Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Hi Elvis

Sorry to hear about what happened with your mirror
I am sending you a link for a company that I have used over several years that are quite local to us

They break all types of vans and maybe able to help you I have always dealt with them personally but they also do mail order

If you contact them speak to Andy and feel free to tell him I put you in touch

Hope you find this useful

Neil

United Vans

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back