HELP!!! Need a new hose urgent! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We have a hymer motorhome on a Fiat Ducatto chassis, 1992. We are setting of to France for a month on Sunday and have just found a burst radiator hose. Our local Fiat dealer has looked for a replacement but is telling us they are no longer made and so they cannot get one - don't know where we go from here?
Anyone know of a supplier that may be able to help?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Try your local boy racer shop they sell universal hoses that are of a concertina type construction and are to a degree quite bendable,
Not suitable of course if you have other pipe work coming off the same hose,
this can be over come by plumbing up with coper pipe,elbows and tee's as reqd and using the old hose cut down to make the correct size hose for the rad and engine, failing all that if its in a section that you can cut out and repair with copper pipe,
next best is a breakers yard for 2nd hand hose
Not ideal I know, but its usualy only main agents that carry proper hoses due to the numbers and varying designs motor to motor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Commercial hydraulic hose companies usually have a wide range of water/airline/ducting and they come with all sorts of bends etc.

While you are at it I would check the state of the rest of your hoses and carry some spares just in case

Safe journey

Regards Pat

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Split Hose.

I always carry self amalgamating tape I carry 2in wide and 1in wide.
I have repaired a top hose in the Highlands for another motor caravan with your problem who could not get a new hose.
it will repair water pipes of any type and the repair is as good new or untill a repacement can be found.
If you have a Govenment Surplus dealer near you the MOD tape is many times better than the normal tape and usually comes in the 2in width in a blue wrapper
It can be bought from Screwfix in the 3/4 in size. at a very good price.
The self fusing tape is reputed to be good but I have never used this product

Regards

Alf

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back