Free Member
Dec 29, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3 months
hi ,were new to motorhoming and bought ours 3 months ago ,does anybody have any experiences with mould and fungus growth and what my 6 month warrenty will do for me regarding this problem....thanx:helpsos:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
mould and fungus only grow in moist/damp conditions and poor ventilation.......take it back under warranty as it sounds like it could be water ingress.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

c3poa

Free Member
Dec 29, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3 months
there is a 70mm fungus that has grown in the shower/loo and i have mould under the storage cupboards in the lounge all on the same side....thanx for all your reply,s i kinda guessed it was damp for myself but seeing as i only bought this in october and it was given a habitational cert when i bought it im a bit miffed that after only 3 months its got damp and a big ass bit of fungus growing as we regularly use it for days out while the winter is here.just wondereing what there gonna do about it and what my rights are??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
serious fungus and mould growth after only 3 months...... I doubt it.

sounds like it already had the damp problem when you bought it and was either overlooked or ignored on the hab check.

as its all low down on one side i would say the seal between floor and wall has failed.

just what the dealer will do about it is anyone's guess but it's their responsibility to sort it under warranty.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

c3poa

Free Member
Dec 29, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3 months
thanx again for your msg but the fungus is in the top corner of the shower room where two walls meet the ceiling and the mould is above your head when sitting in the lounge on the underside of the upper storage cupboard?? if this was overlooked or ignored on the hab check id like to no what i can expect they will do to rectify this

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sorry, my mistake for not reading properly.:Doh::Blush:

rather than wall to floor joint it will obviously be wall to ceiling joint.

i would say they should reseal the affected joints and remove the fungus/mould with a proprietary mould killer as a first line of attack.

problem is......the damp is already in and you dont know how far it has spread.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back