Help Motorhome insurance????????

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by davanne, Feb 24, 2014.

1. davanne

davanne Funster

Insurance on motorhome due next week
    Renewal with Comfort £362 ....came down to £312 when told about another quote for £302... Caravan club will better by £25 but only the insurance breakdown extra so comes in higher overall. I decided to try a quote online for Safeguard ..£337 so I had decided to stay with Comfort then this morning I get a call from Safeguard down to£296!!!!!
    Anybody with them? The cover seems better 365 days continental and unlimited mileage. Is the AA breakdown as good as RAC?

2. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Safeguard is good and their AA breakdown is excellent as we proved when we broke down in France.

:thumb:

Catherine

• Like Like x 1
  3. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

We have safeguard:Smile:

4. ivorantony

ivorantony Funster

Changed to safeguard this year for unlimited mileage and euro travel, also it has unlimited windscreen cover where our previous insurance didn't,
    The breakdown recovery in Europe is a bonus and for only £38 more than my previous insurance, in my case a non brainer:thumb:

5. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

have been with safeguard for years with constant good service

6. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Hi,

We were with Safeguard as tuggers and, after buying our motorhome they were very straightforward in the cancellation (without penalty) of the Caravan Ins and the taking out of Motorhome Insurance.

We got a good deal but the clincher for us was the Pan European Breakdown and associated cover.
    It was very comprehensive covering labour, towing and accommodation and repatriation. It was far better than I expected as part of the Insurance.

7. carolyn

carolyn Funster

We have safeguard and have used the AA bit twice in France, first was a blowout on the motorway, had to pay the local pick up, then log call with AA and they refunded the money quite quickly after our retun home. The second time was a problem with the sliding van door on site, nearly just took it to a local garage in France but thought a call was worth it as it wasnt really safe to drive. An AA man arrived in his yellow van, this only happens at busy times ,otherwise its a local garage who does it .Worked well both times.

8. davanne

davanne Funster

Well it looks like its going to be Safeguard then.
    £16 cheaper and better cover:thumb:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  9. webby1

webby1 Funster

Insurance

Well that cover from Safeguard seems excellent................especially with the unlimited mileage. But are you saying the 365 cover is suitable for full timing or long terming as long as you retain a UK address.................that would be good value

10. Pat and Trish

Pat and Trish Funster

As mine is up for renewal got a quote from Safeguard £313 (inc Euro breakdown) :Eeek:
    Think I'll stick with Highway £151 (inc Alps Euro breakdown)