LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
You were all so kind last time can you help with another problem.

Never bother much with tv in van .. or home usually .. but have wanted to watch certain programmes lately. FAILED.

Problem 1: Avtex tv instruction book. To search for channels it says 'press the up and down buttons to the tv logo .. see photo.. the MIDDLE picture is the tv

20161104_125509.jpg

Now .. IF I were to put the 'source' on t
'TV' ... which is of course now obsolete .. the cursor WILL go to the tv logo. But if source is Dvb .. then the cursor refuses to to the middle logo .. it just jumps from top logo to bottom one over and over so I cannot find channels. Any suggestions? I know the tv works on dvb when parked up at storage unit.

PROBLEM 2.. Aeriels.

Coming into van at back of diner seat I have this aerial wire
20161104_122259(0).jpg

The end is like this .. I think called female

20161104_122453.jpg

At bottom of bed in top cupboard over fridge is this
20161104_123223.jpg

There are 2 aerial wires .. one from top and one from bottom .. I think this from ouside.. see next pic ..
20161104_131320.jpg

The end of the wire coming from (I think) outside is this
20161104_123354.jpg

The end from the top wire is this .. a little flimsy sort of male spikey thing
20161104_123514.jpg

This is a pic of the top of cupboard
20161104_123244.jpg

I also have one of these
20161104_123124.jpg
20161104_122907.jpg

I am posting this now in case i get cut off .. in layby .. will continue in next post.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Part 2
I have a big aerial which I can plug in if on site for long time .. havn't used it for years .. it stands on floor outside van. I also have little dumpy thing ..
20161104_123605.jpg

Both of them have worked in past...

Can you tell me what wire to push into where please to get a signal .. I know the dumpy thing goes into tv but it not giving me signal .. what do I do with all the other wires which don' t seem to do anything .. thanks a lot. I just need something I switch on and it sorted ..

Plus my question re the avtex please. Thank you.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Joy can't really help, but what I do know is that whichever cable is connected to the outside box on your van isn't used unless you are connecting to a site booster system with another coax cable. I would therefore concentrate on the other cable as you are never on sites and I don't know of any lay-bys with TV aerials!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Joy the White vision plus box in your MH indicates you should probably have a roof aerial - is this not the case?

Just between you and me are you sure that little black phallic thing is an aerial!!! Lol

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
The vision plus box is an aerial booster. Your external aerial should connect to ant in and it looks like you have the correct fitting to do this. Your tv needs a separate lead to go between the tv and either tv1 or tv2. You already have an adapter on tv1 to accept a standard tv aerial lead. Your booster needs a 12 volt power supply to work and needs to be switched on of course. The other lead into your van may well be for using an external aerial which some campsites provide.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Blimey you have a lot of unconnected coaxial cables there.
Try and follow the cable that comes down from the roof aerial and try connecting it direct to tv. Bypassing booster if necessary and see what you get
don't forget to do scan on tv
Good luck

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Joy the White vision plus box in your MH indicates you should probably have a roof aerial - is this not the case?

Just between you and me are you sure that little black phallic thing is an aerial!!! Lol

I recall that when first got van I was told there WAS an aerial but I can't see one. I will go and stick camera through roof window and photo it on condition you don't mention green roof ... back in a mo. My head cannot get through narrow window opening so guess work as no ladders. X

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Blimey you have a lot of unconnected coaxial cables there.
Try and follow the cable that comes down from the roof aerial and try connecting it direct to tv. Bypassing booster if necessary and see what you get
don't forget to do scan on tv
Good luck

Will try later but it won't let me scan ... won't go to tv logo. :(

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It's a German van so the aerial is probably inside the roof structure so doesn't matter how hard you look you won't find it. Cunning these Germans.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Ah yes @Lenny HB that rings a bell now .ty .

Right .. stuck now .. done everything suggested and tried tv in cupboard ... NO POWER. So I need to get the 12v sockets sorted before I can work in THOSE sockets and aerials .. Is that a big expensive job?

Tried tv on another 13v socket and it switches on so not the tv at fault .... other than it won't let me scan on DVB.

Thanks all of you who have tried to help.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I know you said don't comment ... but ... are you growing turf up there :LOL:. Good money to be made for bowling greens!!!

Lol. No but I feel really embarrassed. The farm where it is stored won't let us use the stable taps for cleaning our van. I spent 3hrs 4 days ago cleaning front sides and back and front with cloths a bucket and glass cleaner. .. have fractured pelvis problem and was in agony. Couldn't get to roof but thought 'nobody will see it' ..:doh: Then the following day a bird with diarrhea pooed all over the bonnet aaaaaaagh .

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Lol. No but I feel really embarrassed. The farm where it is stored won't let us use the stable taps for cleaning our van. I spent 3hrs 4 days ago cleaning front sides and back and front with cloths a bucket and glass cleaner. .. have fractured pelvis problem and was in agony. Couldn't get to roof but thought 'nobody will see it' ..:doh: Then the following day a bird with diarrhea pooed all over the bonnet aaaaaaagh .

Sorry, had to laugh at a bird with diarrhoea :sick:.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
@movan don't worry about the roof. We're both fit (now) and healthy, but our van roof leaves something to be desired!

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi Joy. If you use the black portable arial connect it direct to the TV and put the arial on the roof thru your top vent. Try to find in the TV with that on the dvb chanel . yo also have to have your TV set to the dvb channel also then go to menu to scan. If your still stuck wait till you meet up with some other funsters who will no doubt help. The boster you have had an empty arial in so would suggest no arial connected.
Jim

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@movan don't worry about the roof. We're both fit (now) and healthy, but our van roof leaves something to be desired!
LOL You should have seen me on a stool in the van trying to take that photo of the roof...... It was the best of 20. The others were close ups of leaves, my thumb, me because I pushed selfie mode by accident, and some I couldn't decipher. :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
So I need to get the 12v sockets sorted before I can work in THOSE sockets and aerials .. Is that a big expensive job?

Probably not. Roughly where are you at the moment? I'm sure there will be someone around who could take a look for you.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I'm just imagining it all Joy.:LOL: Bless you, you do try hard for being female and more gutsy than me.

If you had said about it yesterday I'm sure Alan would've helped you sort it while we were sitting drinking tea nattering.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Ah yes @Lenny HB that rings a bell now .ty .

Right .. stuck now .. done everything suggested and tried tv in cupboard ... NO POWER. So I need to get the 12v sockets sorted before I can work in THOSE sockets and aerials .. Is that a big expensive job?

Tried tv on another 13v socket and it switches on so not the tv at fault .... other than it won't let me scan on DVB.

Thanks all of you who have tried to help.
The inbuilt aerials normally have a signal booster so if you plug it direct into the TV you need to enable antenna/aerial power in the TV menu.
The 12v socket could just be a fuse inline or on the Elektroblock should be easy to sort. Any Funsters near you that could lend a hand?

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Joy, looking at the photo of your aerial booster there is no cable on 'Ant In', looks like a threaded connection so does the cable coming from the top have any sort of thread on it and if so would that fit? You need 12volt power to the booster so have you got a cable somewhere that would mate with the 12 volt socket on the van and the other end into the power input on the booster.

As far as the Avtex is concerned I just did an automatic search once it was all connected and the channels remained stored.

Mike

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Hi @movan I just had a quick look at an on line manual for an AVTEC tv and IF your remote has an AQT tune button in the middle it might be easier to use that.

Connect your 'dumpy thing' to the RF in on the back of the telly, turn the telly on and then press and hold the AQT button until the installation screen comes up. Put the dumpy thing as high and outside if possible and then Choose the language (English), Country (UK) and Auto search. You should at least get the strongest channels.

If that works you may wish to try it again with the external cable that is the same shape as it might get a better signal.

Ignore this if you have no AQT button on your remote!!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know about all your aerials and cables, but we have a tv that has to be tuned in and even though we are all digital now it still looks for the old channels first then just goes on to digital on its own.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
..What are the two white square things please?

That's where the anti aircraft missiles launch.

But more important, no aerial. But aerial wire. Now there is a puzzle. As someone has said, put your sex toy on the roof to get started.

Then somehow search for UK Digital channels.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Joy, looking at the photo of your aerial booster there is no cable on 'Ant In', looks like a threaded connection so does the cable coming from the top have any sort of thread on it and if so would that fit? You need 12volt power to the booster so have you got a cable somewhere that would mate with the 12 volt socket on the van and the other end into the power input on the booster.

As far as the Avtex is concerned I just did an automatic search once it was all connected and the channels remained stored.

Mike
Need to be a bit careful as the inbuilt aerial has a signal booster that needs powering, normally done from the TV. Most owners of German van bypass the internal aerial as they don't know it is there or even if they do they don't know you need a TV that can power it so they can't get it working. I suspect that is why the signal booster in the wardrobe has been fitted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back