Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Can someone with knowledge of electrics please advise me.

I've lost power in 1 electric 3 pin socket I've plugged something in to check all the others and they work fine. This one was working a couple of days ago but now nothing. Its at the front in the passengers footwell and I plug in a small quartz heater there to keep the front area warm but this has been switched off while the van has been locked although left plugged in.

I've checked all the main fuses and all ok but thats the limit of my ability where electrics concerned

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Wire

Can someone with knowledge of electrics please advise me.

I've lost power in 1 electric 3 pin socket I've plugged something in to check all the others and they work fine. This one was working a couple of days ago but now nothing. Its at the front in the passengers footwell and I plug in a small quartz heater there to keep the front area warm but this has been switched off while the van has been locked although left plugged in.

I've checked all the main fuses and all ok but thats the limit of my ability where electrics concerned

I would say that you either have a separate fuse to that socket and it has fused or you have a wire problem broke or come off a terminal, or burnt out with higher electrical current than made for! Fan heater can cause this, particularly if the wire is coiled up!:cry:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well thats weird

I took the plug off the wall checked the wires were all ok which they were and fitted it back on the wall. Then I went under the dash and took out and checked all the fuses which I presume are for the heaters indicators air con etc etc none of those gone. Then I started up the genny and the socket worked so I hooked up again and now it's fine.
The trouble is now I'm worried I may have a loose wire somewhere in a wiring run which could possibly overheat and cause a fire.

Any ideas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I would disconnect the wire from the plug and the circuit breaker box and do a continuity test!
It could also be a faulty plug socket!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back