HELP, Leaking tap (1 Viewer)

Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Hi, have just had to change a faulty microswitch on a Reich trend shower tap. Installed the new switch and checked it worked, it did. Put it all back together and now the whole thing leaks water. I just can't seem to seal where the cartridge goes. Anyone had similar problems or got any suggestions?

Thanks

Oozzie

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
What do you mean by "where the cartridge" goes?..

Pic might help....

OP
OP
oozzie
Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
IMG_0113.PNG

This is the cartridge which fits into the plastic tap body. Then a washer on top over the microswitch wires then a locking nut to tighten it all together. No O rings anywhere and I've tightened it as near to fear of cracking the fitting.

OP
OP
oozzie
Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Hi John, yes reading the section for the Reich karma tap that is the same as mine. Maybe the seals on the cartridge don't like being moved and will not reseat properly. I think I could be looking at a new tap setup.
Thanks.
Oozzie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Ooozie

Is it possible you've overtightened the locking ring? I did this last week not realising that it's only supposed to be finger tight. I used a spanner and managed to crack the bit that goes in the water pipe resulting in water everywhere.

Funnily enough I've just this minute replaced the tap and everything now works fine. No consolation to you I understand.

If there was no 'o' ring when you took it off then a crack may be your problem?

OP
OP
oozzie
Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Ooozie

Is it possible you've overtightened the locking ring? I did this last week not realising that it's only supposed to be finger tight. I used a spanner and managed to crack the bit that goes in the water pipe resulting in water everywhere.

Funnily enough I've just this minute replaced the tap and everything now works fine. No consolation to you I understand.

If there was no 'o' ring when you took it off then a crack may be your problem?
Hi @JackieP you could be right, I've reassembled the thing about 4 times now starting with one turn of spanner up to full body weight tightening. Fitting a whole new tap tomorrow, hopefully problem solved.
Thanks.
Oozzie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back