Help, insurance for 5th wheel?? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi friends of ours have just bought a 5th Wheel. They have tried to get European Breakdown Insurance but so far have been refused, just because it is a 5th Wheel.

Does anyone know who they can contact please??

Ginny

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Have never found any of the services offer breakdown recovery for the 5th wheel van in Europe, can get cover for the truck though. Personally I have an account with a commercial vehicle breakdown company here who have contacts throughout europe - if it was ever needed it will be expensive me thinks, if truck broke i would try to find storage or a site for the van over there poss even our own place or one of my inlaws family places in spain till the truck was fixed. If involved in a serious accident which required the whole unit being brought back i would have to bite the bullet so to speak.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Hi. No idea if they do cover for 5th wheel but try the c&cc Arrival scheme with the RAC.

Check the small print in the t&cs or give them a ring. Either look up on the c&cc website or google rac arrival.

Not cheap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi. No idea if they do cover for 5th wheel but try the c&cc Arrival scheme with the RAC.

Check the small print in the t&cs or give them a ring. Either look up on the c&cc website or google rac arrival.

Not cheap.

Unless very recent changes have been made both the rac (c&cc)and greenflag (cc) only cover in the uk neither have sorted cover for europe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back