Help, insurance for 5th wheel??

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Teasy2007, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

Hi friends of ours have just bought a 5th Wheel. They have tried to get European Breakdown Insurance but so far have been refused, just because it is a 5th Wheel.

Does anyone know who they can contact please??

Ginny

2. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Have never found any of the services offer breakdown recovery for the 5th wheel van in Europe, can get cover for the truck though. Personally I have an account with a commercial vehicle breakdown company here who have contacts throughout europe - if it was ever needed it will be expensive me thinks, if truck broke i would try to find storage or a site for the van over there poss even our own place or one of my inlaws family places in spain till the truck was fixed. If involved in a serious accident which required the whole unit being brought back i would have to bite the bullet so to speak.

3. Serendipitous

Serendipitous Funster

Hi. No idea if they do cover for 5th wheel but try the c&cc Arrival scheme with the RAC.

Check the small print in the t&cs or give them a ring. Either look up on the c&cc website or google rac arrival.

Not cheap.

4. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Unless very recent changes have been made both the rac (c&cc)and greenflag (cc) only cover in the uk neither have sorted cover for europe