help- ignition key stuck in (1 Viewer)

P

peapod

Deleted User
Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong. Moved the Rv this weekend and now cannot remove the ignition key. The parking brake is on it is in park mode, so why on why cant i get the key out?. I know it is something really obvious but right now i cannot see it , anybody any ideas
thanks jackie

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have you tried moving the steering wheel? The lock might be stopping it.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Im assuming you have had the key out before??

Is the gearshift in Park or Neutral?? If Not the key will be locked in place.

Have you turned the key round 1 extra click. This is similar to the acc. setting on European cars when the radio turns on but the ignition is off. USA vehicles have their acc position 1 click further back than the normal off position when you remove the key. Try moving the key round 1 click and trying to pull it out.

Id say the gearshift is not in neutral or park though :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Im assuming you have had the key out before??

Is the gearshift in Park or Neutral?? If Not the key will be locked in place.

Have you turned the key round 1 extra click. This is similar to the acc. setting on European cars when the radio turns on but the ignition is off. USA vehicles have their acc position 1 click further back than the normal off position when you remove the key. Try moving the key round 1 click and trying to pull it out.

Id say the gearshift is not in neutral or park though :thumb:
£10 says you turned it back (toward you) one click too many:thumb:
Geo

OP
OP
P

peapod

Deleted User
thanks for the replies, cant move it back at all only forward to start the engine. It says it is in park, so might have to try and fiddle. Steering l ock is off. Have lhad the key out many times and no problem.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ok Ill re phrase that, move key forward towards start but only one click and it should come out:thumb:
Geo

OP
OP
P

peapod

Deleted User
will go back over to rv now and give it a try , if doesnt work wil come back on tom thanks everybodt
jackie

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jackie its almost 7pm, take a rest, you have been wrestling with that key for almost 3 hours!!::bigsmile:

Any joy yet?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi I no nothing about RVs so you can tell me to shut up then:ROFLMAO: but on Scania lorries when the altenator packs up you cant get the Key out,:cry: but then they will not either :whatthe: unless you take the relay out.:ROFLMAO: Just a thought. Bob.:thumb:

OP
OP
P

peapod

Deleted User
thanks everybody for their help, finally got key out ,even though it said it was in park, obviously not properly in, so it is out!!!!! I know i am a dumb dumb, anyway thats what pete called me.
jackie

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thanks everybody for their help, finally got key out ,even though it said it was in park, obviously not properly in, so it is out!!!!! I know i am a dumb dumb, anyway thats what pete called me.
jackie

take your RV back to the dealers and tell 'em they sold you a dud. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back