"Help" i need cheap motor-home rental 2012 (1 Viewer)

smedlej

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
australia
Funster No
MH
hiring
Exp
im a newbie
Hi Guys were traveling from OZ in may 2012 for 3 weeks and want to rent a motor home, for 4 people, i need advice on where to find a good cheap rental any ideas thanks:

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I'm not entirely sure it will be possible for you to rent due to insurance problems you not being a UK resident poses a problem I think. But love to hear differently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You could have insurance problems with just an Australian licence on hiring a motorhome, I do no not have any 'cheap' ones I am sorry to say.

There are firms who specialize in hiring to Australians and Kiwis though, try having a google around.

Peter

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We hired over in Oz without any problems.
Are there different rules over here for hiring ?
We just had to pay a deposit and sort it all out before we got their.
It cost a small fortune and we got a smelly shed of a thing first time round , but it was a great way of seeing the place and made us realize that we preferred motorhoming to using our caravan.
On our return we started saving up like mad raided the isas and traded our caravan in and bought our MH. We haven't looked back since. :thumb:
Hope you get sorted.
You will find the motorhomes and caravans so much cheaper over here than in OZ. :Eeek:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
in 2010 i sold my Mercedes to a guy from queensland he could not get insurance with hire company here in uk he did get insurance using my address you might be better buying a MH for your trip and selling at the end of your trip

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
There are loads of hire companies but if you have an idea where you are flying into that might help as no point giveing you name of one in Scotland if your flying in to London

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
If all else fails and motorhoming in the UK doesnt work out for insurance reasons etc. come stay with us in east london - you can borrow a tent, we will feed you at cost and take you out on trips and I am sure other funsters if you are a signed up member may welcome you into the fold too.

Hope your plans work out xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OP
OP
S

smedlej

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
australia
Funster No
MH
hiring
Exp
im a newbie
motor home rental may 2012

:Smile: Hi Guys

Thanks for your warm welcome and sunny dispositions :thumb: great advice and ideas, we would love to buy and then sell back a motor home but dont have the cash, :cry:
But we are going to arrive in sunny manchester :rain: mid may probabley rent through an oz dealer plans are still afoot :winky:
We plan to travel up to Scotoland love to see the home of Nessie! back down to devon and cornwall :ROFLMAO:
I'm feeling more excited about the motor home!! carn't wait thanks guys take care:coolthumb:

All he best

Jacquie

OP
OP
S

smedlej

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
australia
Funster No
MH
hiring
Exp
im a newbie
:Smile: Hi Guys

Thanks for your warm welcome and sunny dispositions :thumb: great advice and ideas, we would love to buy and then sell back a motor home but dont have the cash, :cry: great ideas though.
But we are going to arrive in sunny manchester :rain: mid may probabley rent through an oz dealer plans are still afoot :winky:
We plan to travel up to Scotoland love to see the home of Nessie! back down to devon and cornwall :ROFLMAO: and any where else that takes our fancy we love history and i plan to descend on stately homes.
I'm feeling more excited about the motor home!! carn't wait thanks guys take care:coolthumb:

All the best

Jacquie:thanks:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Another way around it would be to look into renting a touring caravan, many companies will site them for you which would mean just hiring a small car for 3 weeks to travel about in.

You can hire caravans for as little as ÂŁ300 a week, which could work out cheaper.

I am afraid the insurers do not like foreign licences - though some may be able to help subject to an extra premium.

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
try wicked campers im sure youv heard of them :Doh::Doh: stan

Join us or log in to post a reply.