LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Can anybody give neighbours of ours at La Rochelle some advice. They have a double Gaslow system fitted, which they filled in UK before they set off. It has worked perfectly in the past but now no gas is getting through to the cooker or the heating.

He has tried the obvious, but I thought that perhaps someone on the forum can help - they are going south for 2 months, and 1 electric ring and a microwave will not get them very far with cooking!!!

His Gaslow is fitted in a Bessecarr E765 (2005).

Any advice, would be greatfully apprecaited.

Ginny and Michael

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Presume that means checked all taps open etc.
Is it a dual bottle system requiring manual switchover?
Could it be the regulator? Had the same problem on our last trip. Tapping it did help for a while but had to replace. Technician undid pipe coming from the regulator - no gas with bottle open - undid pipe going into regulator - gas hence regulator at fault. I understand a regular occurence.
Hope you find the solution.:Smile:
Keith.

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
If the pipes from tank to regulater is rubber, it could be reg is blocked new gaslow systems are now fitted wit stainles Steel to prevent this. so obviousley is an old style problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Gaslow Problems

Can anybody give neighbours of ours at La Rochelle some advice. They have a double Gaslow system fitted, which they filled in UK before they set off. It has worked perfectly in the past but now no gas is getting through to the cooker or the heating.

He has tried the obvious, but I thought that perhaps someone on the forum can help - they are going south for 2 months, and 1 electric ring and a microwave will not get them very far with cooking!!!

His Gaslow is fitted in a Bessecarr E765 (2005).

Any advice, would be greatfully apprecaited.

Ginny and Michael

Hi Ginny, Sorry about your friends gas problems. I had the same problem last week and it was the regulator. These were in the news last year as furring up with sediment so causing gas restrictions. The fridge worked OK as this requires a small amount of gas but all high use items such as the cooker and oven were dead. The cure is to change the Truma regulator (£50) but obtaining this in France may be a problem. I have had three of these in two years so now have changed to the old system. Why should we have to pay for Truma negligence.
Regards,
Wilf (wiljoy)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back