HELP Fridge not working (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all hope someone can advise off to france in two weeks and now the fridge not working on gas the freezer is working fine and the fridge is ok on electric but just the fridge no go on gas anyone had same problem
Thanks Guys

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
That is very weird! Are you level? The electric part isn't quite as 'fussy' as the gas part!
As a general rule though, I have found that they will work or they won't. Very odd to have it working in one part but not the other.
Another thing to consider, the freezer can appear to stay cold for longer, simply because it got colder in the first place!

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Yes, same problem last week, but this was on a (very beautiful) campsite halfway up a Swiss mountain in 28 degree heat that the fridge decided to stop playing ball on gas!

Took the bottom vent cover off, took the cover over the bottom of the burner tube off, got the jet assembly off and gave it a rudimentary clean. After that you could hear it trying to light but blowing itself out, a bit of fiddling with the position of the piezo-electric igniter and all was well.

It's unlikely to be anything significant, these fridges are pretty simple beasts, but if you're not sure what you're doing don't mess about with gas, get someone qualified to take a look at it for you. It may be something as simple as a bit of crud from burner tube falling down onto the jet assembly.

Is yours trying to light, ie can you hear the tick-tick-tick of the spark? First place to start.

EDIT - sorry, just reread your post - Are you saying the fridge won't work on gas but the freezer will? Are you sure? That would be an odd set of circumstances - I presume it is a fridge freezer, I.e. One unit. If in doubt empty it and let it defrost completely, then relight the gas and see what happens.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
We had a similar problem but both the fridge and freezer would not work. We got it working by cleaning the flue with a long radiator brush. Take the top of the flue off take out the spiral thing in side. Drop a piece weighted string to the bottom, tie the string to the brush and work it up and down. I think you will find a lot soot in the bottom part of flue area. I would also try to get a VERY strong air jet to blow any soot an rubbish away. DO NOT try to make the hole in jet any bigger. Hope this helps.

colyboy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back