HELP. Forgotten our Aires book (1 Viewer)

patch

Free Member
Nov 25, 2012
WEYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
Just bought first MH
Exp
Without boring you with the details, we are getting off to a bad start to our holiday. At the moment we are sitting in Dover port with quite a long wait because there was a problem with our booking. Our problem at the moment is that we have forgotten our Aires guide. Its very frustrating especially as Vicarious Books are only about 10 miles away!!

Does anyone know of another method of locating the Aires apart from just spotting one as you pass by? Is there a book we can buy in France or a website we can access?

Fingers crossed that by the time we actually get to France there will be no further problems but it is reminding us of a time many years ago that we had problems from beginning to end of our holiday and we didn't go back to France for a very long time!! :cry:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
just go into a l,eclerc super market and look in the stationary bit .or visit a newsagents they have airres books for a couple of quid . in french ,but that helps your french get better.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If you know roughly where you want to stop I could look a few up for you in my aires book.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Loads of apps for your phone, one that we have but only for android is brilliant, you just open it up and it gives you a list of all the aires around where you are, then tells you how to get there, if you are interested I will look it up :thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Go in to a Tabac or newsagents and look for the Aire de Service Campingcars publication. It's all in French but very easy to interpret.

OP
OP
P

patch

Free Member
Nov 25, 2012
WEYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
Just bought first MH
Exp
I love this site. People are so kind!! Thanks everybody

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Would love th e app. Thanks:Smile

If you are on android go to play store and search for aires campingcar, you should see 4, any of them are ok but we like the one with the green icon , fourth one down on mine, it does cost 99p but we have found it excellent, if you are on iPhone you can't get it but parkfornight works on there pretty much the same. Hth:thumb:

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Aires

Hi

If you can be online much of the time there is a website called "Motorhoming France " which has most of the aires in France with maps as well as photos . You will need to join for a small fee. There is a forum as well which in the past has not been as active as this one which is why I am not currently a member.
When we were travelling in France I did find it very useful .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back