Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi all,
We would just like to say to all you generous funsters at Misterton, many thanks for the donations that you made in lieu of the cost of bacon buttie on Sunday morning, we will be able to send £62.00 to the worthy charity HELP THE HEROS, with the hope that they bring our lads home before anymore lose their lives in that gods forsaken country.

Again many thanks,

Sheila & Mick

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Some heroic help that, I saw a tenner and a fiver in there, so £47 between 20 vans ?

Those heroes will feel so appreciated.
I know you mean well Brian, truly, but do you not think that's a wee bit unfair?

I understood the Tupperware type box was for donations towards the cost of the bacon butties, and duly chucked in my couple of quid. (Rita doesn't eat breakfast of any kind).
Being a former ex serviceman, and a supporter of "Help For Heroes", I would have gladly chucked in more..............as I am sure others would too.............if they had known that the cash contents were for that charity. :Sad:

Best regards,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I know you mean well Brian, truly, but do you not think that's a wee bit unfair?

I understood the Tupperware type box was for donations towards the cost of the bacon butties, and duly chucked in my couple of quid. (Rita doesn't eat breakfast of any kind).

Jock.

In that case I apologise to any who did not understand what was going on.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
In that case I apologise to any who did not understand what was going on.

Pity I was going to put you forward for team GBs jumping to conclusions team.

OP
OP
runrig

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Jock

Sorry about the misunderstanding but I actually did say that there would be no charge for bacon butties but if anyone wish to donate to the Help the Heros charity that it would be appreciated, but was up to each individual to do so if they wished.

Sheila xx

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
No charge for bacon butties :Eeek:

What a star:thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Treacle

Thick bacon, freshly cooked and get this...... Freshly cooked eggs DELIVERED. eggs collected from the farm we stayed at.

Ah Blissssssss

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Pity I was going to put you forward for team GBs jumping to conclusions team.

Well I did. I never suspected anyone did not know what it was about.

Mind you, considering the expertly cooked bacon cooked with Hairy Biker enthusiasm by Mick, the lovingly carved and buttered baps the takings were still on the low side.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
runrig said:
Hi Jock

Sorry about the misunderstanding but I actually did say that there would be no charge for bacon butties but if anyone wish to donate to the Help the Heros charity that it would be appreciated, but was up to each individual to do so if they wished.

Sheila xx
Sorry Sheila, I possibly didn't hear you , or wasn't present when the announcement was made, and nothing on the container led me to be aware that the donations were to go to my "other" favourite charity. :winky: No harm done though, that's the main thing, eh? :thumb:

Mind you, considering the expertly cooked bacon cooked with Hairy Biker enthusiasm by Mick, the lovingly carved and buttered baps the takings were still on the low side.
Sadly, I couldn't agree with you more on that score Brian. :Sad:

Best regards,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back