Help for Aussie Cousin (1 Viewer)

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
My Cousin and wife are coming to the UK next May for 3 months and want to tour, England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland by Motorhome. It's been 40 odd years since they were here! To hire for three months is very expensive and they have found Select First Motorhomes from Kent who will sell you a van then buy back at an agreed price at the end of your trip. Anyone had any experience of this? Any other suggestions welcome. I did mention that perhaps a PVC may be the best option but they do want a fixed bed.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Let them borrow yours! . I added a friend to our insurance for about £30. If you are going with them see if anyone on here is going on a long trip and wants to put them on their insurance for a donation to their trip. If they have a m/h down under why not try and arrange a reciprocal swap with someone going on a trip down there alot of people do house swaps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Let them borrow yours! . I added a friend to our insurance for about £30. If you are going with them see if anyone on here is going on a long trip and wants to put them on their insurance for a donation to their trip. If they have a m/h down under why not try and arrange a reciprocal swap with someone going on a trip down there alot of people do house swaps.
Age and weight problem plus we're going to be using ours. For a long term trip touring the UK I think they would be better with a shorter van making access to cities and town more manageable.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Buy a VW T4/T5, your in the right area then resell when the trip is over.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Am i showing my age?. At one time,was there a street/area in London of a Sunday,where "Colonials:xThumb:" could go and have a choice of M/homes,buying one and heading off,when finished poll back up again and sell on?
This happened with cars at Bob Smiths Transport Cafe,the unlucky bidders,would be told.."Come back in a fortnight,its, only going to SKEGGY for the family holidays" Sure enough,in a fortnight,various cars came back in...Sorted,cheaper than a train with three or four kids in tow,and something to ride around in while you were there,average prices.£25.Proper.
Tea Bag

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi.
Am i showing my age?. At one time,was there a street/area in London of a Sunday,where "Colonials:xThumb:" could go and have a choice of M/homes,buying one and heading off,when finished poll back up again and sell on?
This happened with cars at Bob Smiths Transport Cafe,the unlucky bidders,would be told.."Come back in a fortnight,its, only going to SKEGGY for the family holidays" Sure enough,in a fortnight,various cars came back in...Sorted,cheaper than a train with three or four kids in tow,and something to ride around in while you were there,average prices.£25.Proper.
Tea Bag
Yes you are.:xlaugh: There are very few over there now as the pay rate in Aussie is far superior to the UK. Even many of the 'Aussie' themed bars closed.

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
At one time you could park outside Australia house in Aldwych London and buy or sell campervans but I don't think it's possible now.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I did mention that perhaps a PVC may be the best option but they do want a fixed bed.
Depends what age they would be looking at. Fixed beds are common enough in newer PVCs, but less so in anything 5yrs+.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back