Help decal Needed (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
Can anyone help, I need to change the decal on the back of my Bessacarr E495 (its a green one) the side ones are grey and white (they are ok) but green is a no no according to the boss(very unlucky colour) I have looked on the Swift Group page but they refer to dealer for parts etc, however having looked on various dealer sites can see no mention of decals, its very confusing to my brain!!! can anyone help?

rolling rolling rolling keep those doggies rolling:thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
loads on ebay, I got one for our van, see avatar!!!
Just put vehicle decal in search bar.
Happy new year all

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Bessacarr Decals are green? or the new ones are.
If you want to change them you would be better sourcing something aftermarket.

but ask yourself why?

and when you take them off, no matter how good you do it you can always see where they have been, sometimes very slightly and no one else will see them untill you point them out, but when the sun shines, you know they are there.:RollEyes:

no edit, I know they are grey as well, well I do now!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dunno about it being the Bessacarr colours, but I am with your boss !! Green.. my favourite colour but unlucky on anything with wheels

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Easy answer, you won't get them from a dealer in a different colour anyway and they won't be listed as a spare part.

Look in yellow pages or local rag for a signwriting firm, most of them are computorised and can make up a replica in a different colour and you can ask them to replace it.

Peter

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, as peter says go to a sign writer. these days you only have to show or tell them what you think you want .they can work miracles . even show them a photo, you have an instant mural. body work custom details are so easy for them.
course you could go for a comlpete body wrap and lead the way in swift customizing.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Can anyone help, I need to change the decal on the back of my Bessacarr E495 (its a green one) the side ones are grey and white (they are ok) but green is a no no according to the boss(very unlucky colour) I have looked on the Swift Group page but they refer to dealer for parts etc, however having looked on various dealer sites can see no mention of decals, its very confusing to my brain!!! can anyone help?

rolling rolling rolling keep those doggies rolling:thumb:
we have just finished doing a revamp on our RV full respray and new decals
we used a local graphic`s firm to make ours
a nice sun set with palm trees on a desert island with three strips top and middle above wheel arches
all for £1200 not bad for a 25foot long RV :thumb::thumb:

fusbill

Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
As Johns Cross Motorhomes has said try a signwriter. I got my local one to do the grey colour ones on the sides of my '53 plate Swift Suntor. If you look at models of around that year you will notice that they are all turning white. (Strangly not the front and rear ones though)

Anyway, the chap that done mine told me that the colour loss was due to the colour being 'printed' which meant that the actual vynil was white and the surface colour was printed on one side only. The decals on the front and rear he termed as 'solid' (I think) meaning that the decal was the colour all the way through so less likely to fade.

Just something to bare in mind as it made sense to me.

Presume the 'printed' ones are used to save money.

fusbill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back