HELP !!!!!! Cobra alarm

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by eddie, Jul 12, 2012.

1. eddie

eddie Read Only Funster

Can anyone tell me how to switch off the sensor when we go to sleep in the vehicle or leave the dog in there.
    Roz gets up in the night and sets the alarm off..
    We can't lock the doors and leave the dog whilst we go into a shop

Driving us crazy !!!

2. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

When you lock it up press button twice in quick succession

Make sure if set for night when you turn off in morning you open a door or alarm resets
    At least mine does

3. davanne

davanne Funster

Hi
    We had the same problem the dealer told us how to do it but we forgot:Doh:
    You should have a small button with flashing light by the ignition.
    We have to turn on ignition then press the button for a few seconds to deactivate the internal sensors then switch off ignition and set the alarm.
    (The alarm dosn't have to be set straight away it can be set a couple of hours later as long as the ignition is not switched on)
    Hope this helps it works for us and this is how the dealer explained it to us.:thumb:

4. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Eddie
    I can't give you an answer for your question, has all we do is draw a curtain across the middle of a night the sensors are in the front cab area,

BUT somebody may have an idea with what's gone wrong with mine, the Habitation door contact as stopped working the van alarm sets also the interior sensors but the door can be opened with no alarm being activated. Peter :Sad:

5. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

6. Dixi

Dixi Funster

I have a cobra alarm to set the sensors to off on the inside press the button on your key twice a red light should flash on your dash when set dont forget to disarm it before opening any doors or you will wake the neighbours

John

7. Binky

Binky Funster

We have the Cobra 4405 system. To disarm the sensors we have to push and hold the small button on the dashboard until a LED flashes. This has to be done within 5 seconds of turning the ignition off .

8. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

It's going to depend on the system, but with ours (2005 vintage) you press the big button on the plipper key once to set the alarm, then press the small button beside it once within a few seconds to disable the internal sensors. Presumably your manual (or one found online) will tell you this?

A particular problem we had once was the boot door alarm sounding when we were driving, even though the doors were firmly shut. After many roadside stops, cursing and fiddling around I found that the metal brackets that held the switches close to the inside of the doors had worked loose and shifted inwards, so the switch wasn't closing properly when the door did.

Loose wire to the contact? Contact (or part thereof) has shifted from its original position somehow?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012