HELP. Can't get oven door back on (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Bit of a tale, and will add when I have time but I had to remove the oven door from our thetford prima midi mk3 oven. Can't get the blasted thing back on. Anyone know how to do it? TIA

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Pappajohn. I'll try to summarise the saga. Changed vans at the end of last year. Happy with trade in price but I knew the new to us van was at its top end of its price range. As expected from a dealers really. It's all relative. Few minor things sorted that we had seen before we picked it up. On pick up noticed it had oxidisation on a skirt panel. Replaced under warranty. Found a bit of damp. Repaired and root cause found and rectified. In and out a couple of times for minor things. Adjustment to blow air heating fan, door alignment , step micros witch and some other minor bits but they begin to add up. Friday we went in past to the dealers as arranged as the kitchen tap was leaking. Not the insert so they replaced the tap. Sunday morning the water pump kept coming on every few seconds. Switched it off and went outside. Big wet area under the van below the cooker. Stripped it all out to find the connection they had mad had almost fully come out. Fixed it myself and all seems ok now. Van will take a few days to completely dry out but it will. We like the van but as you can imagine all these teething troubles are stRting to put a dent in our confidence with it. It is only three and a half years old. Is it usual to find all these things on a van of this age?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think what happens is that once you start to have issues you actually start looking for or expecting more.

If you are like me, I don't actually mind the fact that things go wrong, but when I feel it could have been found if a half decent PDI had been carried out then I get cross, things that basically have never worked that were not tested or noticed :mad:

Buying mine without warranty we have had to sort things for ourselves, or put up with some that are not actually that bad, just irritating

Good luck with your drying out (and oven door)(y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Pappajohn. I'll try to summarise the saga. Changed vans at the end of last year. Happy with trade in price but I knew the new to us van was at its top end of its price range. As expected from a dealers really. It's all relative. Few minor things sorted that we had seen before we picked it up. On pick up noticed it had oxidisation on a skirt panel. Replaced under warranty. Found a bit of damp. Repaired and root cause found and rectified. In and out a couple of times for minor things. Adjustment to blow air heating fan, door alignment , step micros witch and some other minor bits but they begin to add up. Friday we went in past to the dealers as arranged as the kitchen tap was leaking. Not the insert so they replaced the tap. Sunday morning the water pump kept coming on every few seconds. Switched it off and went outside. Big wet area under the van below the cooker. Stripped it all out to find the connection they had mad had almost fully come out. Fixed it myself and all seems ok now. Van will take a few days to completely dry out but it will. We like the van but as you can imagine all these teething troubles are stRting to put a dent in our confidence with it. It is only three and a half years old. Is it usual to find all these things on a van of this age?

I would not say it was usual but not unusual either, makes it worse when somebody fixes something and makes it worse.
I read to the end and didn't see mention of the oven door, did I miss it or is that part2 or part3.

Good luck

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
The oven door had to come off to get the oven retaining screws out. Managed to get it back in eventually. Was a bit fiddly but got there. I suppose I could look at it that finding things wrong in the warranty period means that by the time the warranty is up there should be little else that is wrong with it. I don't mind fixing things myself but I know a lot of people out there that aren't as handy with tools. Once the warranty is out it will be a case of fixing things myself. Just a bit disappointing that when the pros do it they do it badly and you have to fix it yourself. Not to worry though all seems well today. Must say tough the dealer has been good about everything. No quibbles. Just the hassle of visiting them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back