Help, Britstops in Taunton

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by meakwooders, Apr 28, 2016.

1. meakwooders

meakwooders Funster

I am a member, but left my book at home. Now i need an overnight stop in or close to Taunton, for tomorrow night. I am sure there was a pub which allowed overnights, but cannot remember which one.

Can anyone check their copy and let me know?

Many thanks

Karen

2. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

If you don't need to be actually IN Taunton, Chelston Motorhomes will let you stay over. You need to be there by 5 & it's best to phone ahead. It's about 5 mins off the M5. They have a great range of motorhomes to look at and a good accessories shop if you feel you need to justify your stop! and there's a decent eatery in walking distance just across the road (not the M5 I hasten to add...)
    http://www.chelstononline.co.uk/

3. chaser

chaser Funster

4. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

• Like Like x 1
  5. meakwooders

meakwooders Funster

Hi Chaser and CWH

Thanks for the suggestions. It has to be close to Taunton this time. I don't think it was the Ruishton Inn that I was thinking of.

However, I have also found the Royal Oak in Stoke St Gregory which allows overnight camping, and has excellent reviews for its food on Trip Advisor, so I shall try there.

I will report back once I have sampled their hospitality. I just rang them, and could also have hook up for £4 per night! I won't need it for one night, but useful to know.

I dare not visit Chelston,as I am weak willed. It would be cheaper to book a campsite than explore their shop and motorhomes!

Report to follow!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1