LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
I am a member, but left my book at home. Now i need an overnight stop in or close to Taunton, for tomorrow night. I am sure there was a pub which allowed overnights, but cannot remember which one.

Can anyone check their copy and let me know?

Many thanks

Karen

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
If you don't need to be actually IN Taunton, Chelston Motorhomes will let you stay over. You need to be there by 5 & it's best to phone ahead. It's about 5 mins off the M5. They have a great range of motorhomes to look at and a good accessories shop if you feel you need to justify your stop! and there's a decent eatery in walking distance just across the road (not the M5 I hasten to add...)
http://www.chelstononline.co.uk/

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi Chaser and CWH

Thanks for the suggestions. It has to be close to Taunton this time. I don't think it was the Ruishton Inn that I was thinking of.

However, I have also found the Royal Oak in Stoke St Gregory which allows overnight camping, and has excellent reviews for its food on Trip Advisor, so I shall try there.

I will report back once I have sampled their hospitality. I just rang them, and could also have hook up for £4 per night! I won't need it for one night, but useful to know.

I dare not visit Chelston,as I am weak willed. It would be cheaper to book a campsite than explore their shop and motorhomes!

Report to follow!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back