help batteries via solar

Discussion in 'Solar Power' started by brianrfc, Apr 7, 2014.

1. brianrfc

brianrfc Read Only Funster

hi there guys im having a little problem with my leisure batteries there only a year old and knackered so time for new ones my thoughts were on 2 x 110 ah batteries but when i started looking i noticed 1 x 220 ah battery this sounds strange but does 2 x 110 batteries charge quicker or same time as 1 x 220 ah battery via solar panel also whats better idea to go for 2 x 110ah or 1 x 220 ah ? i dont really know much about the way they charge i was thinking 1 x 220ah but got told that it might take longer to charge .......i would of thought 2 seperate batteries would take longer im so confused please help

2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

No difference but man handling a single 220 can be quite hard :Laughing:

3. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

More importantly in your case in a C class is probably payload. If the 220Ah weighs less than 2 x 110Ah then go for the single battery. However space is often a limiting factor. You may find you can't fit the 220Ah in without bastardising fixtures and fittings.

4. Peter_n_Margaret

Peter_n_Margaret Read Only Funster

If your batteries are knackered after 2 years, that would suggest some sort of bad treatment and you would be advised to find out why and fix that problem before you fit new ones.

Cheers,
    Peter