Help and advice on satellites (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi
I have just returned from a weeks tour round Wales which was great. My question is when i tried to get sat using my globesat through the roof system i could only get channel 4 and itv no mater how hard i tried couldn't get anything else. Am i pointing at wrong sat i was on astra 2 with 88 signal and 87 quality or could there be something wrong with my box, i have another box i will try today.

Next question we where at the NEC yesterday and had a look at the auto systems camos dome and oyster but at £1400 and £1700 fitted seems a lot of money or should i go for a better quality manual one like the camos flat plus which comes in a lot cheaper at around £500.

All comments and advice welcome.

Gerry

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have ever only used an "Oyster" self seeker on the MH I have now and only down South Spain have I not picked anything up,, all over the UK France/Belgium and most of Spain it`s been fine.. although last winter on the Costa Blanca I could not get anything, but others with the Oyster were OK,, yet some one lent me a small UK type perforated dish and got most programmes.. :RollEyes:

But with the 5th wheel and other MH`s I use a 110cm dish and tipod,, but I have got a commercial Sky Meter for this and have never had any problems..:thumb:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
i could only get channel 4 and itv no mater how hard i tried couldn't get anything else. Am i pointing at wrong sat i was on astra 2 with 88 signal and 87 quality or could there be something wrong with my box, i have another box i will try today.

If you are getting C4 then you are on the correct satellite.
Signal strengths vary from receiver to receiver and location, and depend what channel the measurement is taken from.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi

Thanks for your replys satandpcguy are you saying it could be my box then thats not recieving the channels rather than the dish. I am a complete novice when it comes to these things.

Gerry

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
My advice is once you have found the sat and you have a picture,unplug the reciever for a couple of minutes then switch it on again,if this dosnt work do a new download.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
thanks snowbird will give that a go but how do i do new downloads for it

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just go into the menu and follow the prompts.Its better to try it on your house satellite and do the download there. Thats of course if your not a fulltimer...then you will have to borrow somone elses satellite.:ROFLMAO:
Only joking.:winky:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks snow i will give it a go but will have to be in van as not got sat in house yet waiting for planning permission comming through as we live in listed building.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Tried the system today as i have had all channels at home before still only had ch4 and itv so then tried my mains box and hay presto over 100 channels but no ch5. I also got all the sky channels so does this mean if i put my card in(when i get one) it will show sky its not a sky box as far as im aware came with the dish from a fellow funster who i dont see on here now so cant ask him.

Gerry

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
but no ch5.
3 of the 4 advertising regions for Five require a working SKy card.
Only one is free to air - the one on 10778 h 22 5/6 - also used by freesat receivers.

I also got all the sky channels so does this mean if i put my card in(when i get one) it will show sky its not a sky box as far as im aware came with the dish from a fellow funster who i dont see on here now so cant ask him.
There are one or two non sky receivers that allow you to use a sky card in them - but not many these days since sky changed their cards and went to NDS3 (their encryption system)
Obvoiusly, you will get all the FTA channels - as FTA dont need a sky card.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back