Helloooo, is there another Rollerteam owner out there (1 Viewer)

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Just a brief update as I've had some free time today and finally managed to get round to doing a little more work on the garage area - having used it a bit now we have found out what we need, how we use things etc. so it was time to try and make better use of the huge space. The pre-reqs were that it must take two motorbikes and at least one push-bike and all the paraphenalia that goes with motocross and general vacation use.

I decided that the easiest solution overall would be to put in a shelving unit across one side at a level high enough to get things such as the genny, jetwash etc. under as well as slide the wheels of the motorbikes under, leaving the top free for box storage and use as a workbench when we are racing. All pretty simple really, made out of 12mm marine ply and screwed into place in-situ. Nothing prem screwed to the van and the hook/eye runner at the bottom hold the legs firmly in place so it all lifts out if we need more space.

The top doubles as a workbench with a small tool kit built into the left hand side. For this reason, I decided against installing runners or hooks to keep the storage boxes in place as they would just get in the way when using the workbench and opted to use strategically placed bungies instead, not that pretty, but perfectly functional.

All I need to do now is to cover the top in black non-slip rubber and it will be complete.

Workbench side
Link Removed

And from the loading side
Link Removed

While I was at it I also installed large industrial eyes into the runners under the ceiling so that we can sling a 6' table from the ceiling in the 'dead space' (held firmply in place with ratchet straps) which also keeps the useable space to a maximum.

Y

YorkshireLass

Deleted User
Newbies here!

Hello there!

We're totally new to the motorhoming phenomenon and are currently seriously looking at buying the Rollerteam 500. From what we've looked at it seems to be really competitively priced for the type of vehicle we're looking for - min. 4 berth and as compact as possible!

I don't know if any of you could offer any advice or anything to look out for?

Many thanks :Smile:

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Hello there!

We're totally new to the motorhoming phenomenon and are currently seriously looking at buying the Rollerteam 500. From what we've looked at it seems to be really competitively priced for the type of vehicle we're looking for - min. 4 berth and as compact as possible!

Look at build quality and the quality of the initial construction materials - that's what you are payig for (or not in the case of some vehicles). It is my PERSONAL opinion that the quality of the Roller Teams is shocking in terms of build and to a certain extent, materials used, however, they are very competitivly priced and if you are happy undertaking some remedial works then they are a good buy - be warned, the warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on; parts take + 3 months to arrive and dealers won't undertake warranty work if there is any way out of it as RollerTeam/CI/Trigano will only pay a maximum of £20/hour labour (which is way less than most dealers rates!) Our local dealer has dropped the entire Trigano range because of this.

Things that I can't fix that we need to fix under warranty are that the door does not fit, aparently a common problem, (1.5" gap at the bottom, it's warped) and the hot water/heater combi has a mind of it's own - trying to get them repaired/replaced on an 8 month old vehicle is like trying to get blood from a stone.

The Ford base vehicle is fine, and we brought ours for a specific purpose (large garage for motocross and double rear wheels), so the other sins I can to a certain extent forgive, however, I would not buy another one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Y

YorkshireLass

Deleted User
Look at build quality and the quality of the initial construction materials - that's what you are payig for (or not in the case of some vehicles). It is my PERSONAL opinion that the quality of the Roller Teams is shocking in terms of build and to a certain extent, materials used, however, they are very competitivly priced and if you are happy undertaking some remedial works then they are a good buy - be warned, the warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on; parts take + 3 months to arrive and dealers won't undertake warranty work if there is any way out of it as RollerTeam/CI/Trigano will only pay a maximum of £20/hour labour (which is way less than most dealers rates!) Our local dealer has dropped the entire Trigano range because of this.

Things that I can't fix that we need to fix under warranty are that the door does not fit, aparently a common problem, (1.5" gap at the bottom, it's warped) and the hot water/heater combi has a mind of it's own - trying to get them repaired/replaced on an 8 month old vehicle is like trying to get blood from a stone.

The Ford base vehicle is fine, and we brought ours for a specific purpose (large garage for motocross and double rear wheels), so the other sins I can to a certain extent forgive, however, I would not buy another one.

Hi JDS - many thanks for taking the time to respond. Hmm, you've given us a lot to think about and also made me panic big time! The 500 ticks our boxes in terms of size - it seems to be one of the smallest 4/5 berth with enough seatbelts to suit us and the 2 little ones. It's also extremely reasonably priced compared to a lot of the used vans we've been looking at.

Not sure what to think now, but at least you've warned us of some of the pitfalls.

Cheers:thumb:

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Hi JDS - many thanks for taking the time to respond. Hmm, you've given us a lot to think about and also made me panic big time! The 500 ticks our boxes in terms of size - it seems to be one of the smallest 4/5 berth with enough seatbelts to suit us and the 2 little ones. It's also extremely reasonably priced compared to a lot of the used vans we've been looking at.

Not sure what to think now, but at least you've warned us of some of the pitfalls.

Cheers:thumb:
Well, if it ticks all of your boxes you're more than half way there. The biggest issue I have is the lack of backup/worthlessness of the warranty. Little things like cheap screws being used and mastic over screw heads (rather than proper screw caps) are annoying but easily fixed, however, obtaining a new door because 'yours' has a 1.5" gap at the bottom is something that needs warranty work and is almost impossible.

Have a word with your supplying dealer and voice these worries, get them to clarify their warranty procedures (some dealers may be happy to do the work for those rates etc.) and make your decision based on that. For what it is worth, apart from the door (bespoke part) there is nothing that has gone wrong or been badly made that I have not been able to pretty simply fix or replace and limited (or no) cost myself.

If you go into things with your eyes open and are still happy you will not be dissapointed .... regardless of what may seem like a moan I'm very happy overall with the van and you do get a lot for your money, I'd just buy differently next time.

Y

YorkshireLass

Deleted User
Well, if it ticks all of your boxes you're more than half way there. The biggest issue I have is the lack of backup/worthlessness of the warranty. Little things like cheap screws being used and mastic over screw heads (rather than proper screw caps) are annoying but easily fixed, however, obtaining a new door because 'yours' has a 1.5" gap at the bottom is something that needs warranty work and is almost impossible.

Have a word with your supplying dealer and voice these worries, get them to clarify their warranty procedures (some dealers may be happy to do the work for those rates etc.) and make your decision based on that. For what it is worth, apart from the door (bespoke part) there is nothing that has gone wrong or been badly made that I have not been able to pretty simply fix or replace and limited (or no) cost myself.

If you go into things with your eyes open and are still happy you will not be dissapointed .... regardless of what may seem like a moan I'm very happy overall with the van and you do get a lot for your money, I'd just buy differently next time.

I'm really pleased that you replied to us, although I have to admit, it brought me out of my happy little bubble quite quickly!! No, honestly, I really appreciate your information about the warrantly and it's something I'll definitely be quizzing the dealer about. To be completely honest, the deal he's offering us seems very very competitive, so we did start to wonder what was wrong with it!!::bigsmile:

The list price on the road is £29,336. We've managed to get the following for the intial price of £29,300, though if we decide to go with it, we'll be doing a lot more bartering - as people on here keep reminding me, it's a buyer's market!

van, awning, CAT1 alarm/immobiliser, awning, aerial, 15" LCD tv/dvd/freeview, 2 mounting brackets, gas bottles, radio/CD

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Best of luck with the bartering Yorkshirelass - despite all my little woes, I'm still pleased overall with the van.

Here's a little more on our progress and changes to the camper. Firstly, I've modified the largest waste tank (which was previously fed by the shower) into a holding tank for the Jet wash - this gives me a 200 litre capacity now. Luckily it is just a standard tank (with lots of pre-threaded holes of varying diamaters) so just needed to drill one out for the feed/fill tap

28062008247.jpg

and one for the overflow

28062008248.jpg

and presto, all complete. As we never use the shower (it's my beer store!) it's not really a problem, but there is space to hang another tank in front of this one, so sometime in the future I'm going to put in a new (slightly smaller) waste tank for the shower to drain to just in case we ever do decide to use it for anything other than a store room).

However, all this added weight and transporting multiple bikes all the time etc. has pushed us perilously close to the overall weight limit (indeed, it could easily be over it on some occasions) so it's off to Watling Engineers in a few weeks time for a custome designed and fitted tow bar as we have had to move to a trailer as well

Trailer2.jpg

more on kitting this out later, but we have sourced a lightly used ex-British Superbikes one which I picked up this evening - so with the awning as well this makes an excellent 'pit' area for the boys, leaving the normal awning free for the girls to do catering and stuff (an not to moan about 'that muddy bike taking up all the room'.....)

Trailer1.jpg

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hello there!

I have a Roller team Granduca owned it now for around 2yrs and find it to be very good value for money.The model I have was probabally top of their range at the time.Would agree with most things said previously and would just like to add to it.When I was in the process of purchasing my van I looked at several other makes in my price range with the layout and kit I wanted i.e. Chasson,Elnagh,CI, amongst others and to be honest I think the Roller was as good or better than any of them.I have cured a few niggles myself did not cost much just small fiddly things which should have been sorted by the manufacturer.I have looked at Mc Louis,Lunar,some of the Swifts and found finish open to questioning.Personally I wouldn't pay that sort of money for a new van.If it is your first van you should get a really good secondhand van for that sort of money you should be able to haggle a good deal,and you could end up with something that has had all the problems sorted and with a load of extras added,best of luck:thumb:

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
OK, not much gone on here for a while so thought that I'd add a few updates. No pics this time I'm afraid, just the words.

The awning that was one of the first jobs to be done has proved a godsend as it's nearly always raining when we are out and about but it had one drawback - because of the way it mounts on the side there is a 1.6mm gap the length of it so rain can still run down the side of the van in small amounts - while not a show-stopper this had turned into an irritation that I needed to cure and so I fitted a specially made 'extruder strip' the length of it and volla, problem solved in 3 mins - how I missed this essential accessory on the Fiamma website I have no idea!

While on the subject of awnings, I decided to invest in a Privacy Room. Initially I brought one on ebay but this turned out to be a complete PITA dealing with the vendor so I ended up ordering a new one (for not that much more it turned out in the end) and with the instructions and DVD that came with it I'm glad I went the new route, they don't look a 'two minute' job to errect - trial run next week on the drive when I have some time and perhaps some pics then.

I have also fitted a wireless reversing camera. While easy and (relativly) quick to fit and better than nothing, it's only marginally better as it's on the limits of the camera's boradcast range and the monitor will only pick the signal up in one place which is too near the gearstick for my liking, so I'm going to replace it with a wired camera at somepoint in the future, however, as I said, it's better than nothing and will do for the short-term.

Lastly, fuel economy and general lethargic issues. As some of you will already know I am underwhelmed with the peformance (or rather the lack of) and terrible fuel economy (average 17mpg) of the Transit 140bhp chassis the van is on so have decided to do something about it (as the Ford garage insist there is nothing wrong with it) and have re-mapped the ECU. The map has been written to improve torque and horsepower (but not ludicrously) and will hopefully have it a little more eager in each gear and as it should be working less-hard, increase the MPG. Other than starting it to ensure it still runs (which it does!) I won't be using it until we head to MX this weekend, but as we will be carrying three bikes and all the associated paraphenallia it should be a good test - I'll post the details next week, and if all works as planned, name and congratulate the tuning company who have done the work ...... stay tuned for the details :)

Last edited:

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Well, progress has been made, we did 49.6 miles (mainly on country lanes, not motorways) with two motorbikes, full fresh/jetwash tanks, generator, jetwasher, tools and all the associated MX paraphenallia onboard and used exactly 10 liters (2.199 gallons). Thanks to Mike at Rapid Remap the fuel economy has risen from 17.5mpg to 22.5mpg (OBC recorded 22.4mpg - this taken just after we filled up) on a brim-to-brim fill.

27072008442.jpg

There is a little more 'urgency' in the top two gears (5th/6th) but I feel perhaps a little more available torque would help when cruising there (especially as the tow-bar goes on tomorrow and the it'll be towing the twin wheel trailer from then on).

Overall, it's a big step in the right direction and I would recommend this route if you are in a similar situation - the speed at which Mike can get the kit and re-maps fitted is supurb; next day for the reader to arive and once I emailed him the original engine map he turned it around in less than 2 hours and 5 mins to upload to the vehicle. I now have the original and a backup of the modified map on Mike's Remap-Pro reader so can revert the vehicle to original spec at any time if needed. Obviously, speak to your insurance company before going ahead and re-writing your vehicle's ECU!

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Just a brief update on the economy, after a 120 mile trip around the M25 yesterday taking the van to get the towbar fitted at 62mph/100kph on the cruise most of the time (with the exception of a quick blast to loosten up the cobwebs now she's running so much better) the van returned 24.5mpg (basd on OBC and brim-brim fill) - an astounding improvement over the previous 17/18mpg I think and one I am very, very happy with :thumb:

wkdtroll

Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
there is now!!!

Hi

Just joined MF and I am the proud owner of a 2006 Roller Team Granduca Garage P which funnily I bought from Reisemobil in Bielefeld!
It is a great van and we have been all over Europe in it, we particularly like the cruising at 80mph as it is a low profile and drives just like a van.
It is on a Renault Master 2.5 chassis which has been great so far returning over 30mpg, not bad eh?
:thumb:

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
OK, time for a few more updates .....

Got the towbar fitted yesterday by Watling Engineers in St. Albans. Really nice bunch of good old fashioned engineers (you know the type, shirt, slacks, tie & toolbelt) - made an excellent job of designing, bracing,installing etc. (unfortunately, all the pic shows is a black towbar sticking out!)

30072008444.jpg

The electrics prooved to be a bit of a PITA as they needed a bypass box due to the canbus wiring and finding somewhere to put it in the garage where it would not get broken by bikes, boots 'n' stuff was a bit of a challenge, but we got there in the end.

This evening it was time to 'nail the shed' to the side of the van (trial fit) of the Privacy room. Opening the bag there seemed to be a LOT of bits, so for once I dived in and read the instructions - total waste of time, will be using them to light the next BBQ!

anyhow, I cracked on and in less then 1.5 hours it was all up - not bad as I had no help from Mrs JDS despite the "I'm just coming, hold on a mo" at the start of the epic ......

Anyhow, once the instructions were suitably dispensed with it all went together pretty simply (sorry about the last two pics - I went for a brew and by the time I got back the light had gone)

Ready for assembly

30072008445.jpg

Roof edges up and first panel attached

30072008446.jpg

Sides on

30072008447.jpg

Finished

30072008448.jpg

30072008449.jpg

Not sure how my neighbour feels having my van and shed on his drive/grass for the night, but too late to put the thing down now ....

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Ok, here's a little more on our current conversion, this time the trailer. We have been using it for about a month now, but literally just to throw the bikes and gear in without too much organisation, so as we had a weekend off and it wasn't training, after a day at the practice track on Saturday I spent sunday trying to organise the trailer a bit.

The first job was to remove the old bolted on rear number plate (bolts rusted, so needed grinding off!) only to find that these held on the 240v strip light on the inside rear of the trailer - so fitted new stainless steel bolst there, then rivited on two spring-loaded no. plate holders to allow for easy changing of the plates depending what vehicle we are using (sometimes just tow withthe car if only going to practice track). Next I wanted to replace the two reflective triangles that were either side of the no. plate with LED lights (not needed as has another two triangles lower down at the bottom of the trailer) and while I was at it I also replaced the mouldy old no. plate light with a nice bright new LED one as well.

plate.jpg

I still have the rear lights to replace with LED versions and the outside awning light to replace, but ran out of time!

After moving bikes in/out, kit in out for what felt like a hundred times, I had finalised a plan and set to installing the heavier items luike the compressor and jetwash and then running some extra power down to the rear of the trailer a) for the compressor and b) to enable easy access for anything else. First job was to install a new retractable air hose on the left hand side which makes life much easier than dealing with coiled hose. Next I needed a way to ensure that the compresser did not wander around the trailer while we are travelling around; with trailer floor mounts getting expensive (when you need 16 of them!) I looked around for a suitable alternative and came up with using exhaust clamps - cheap, easy to install and all that is needed was to make a flat plate to fit underneath out of some old galvanised steel plate (to stop them pulling through the floor when tightened up) and volla!

Here with the compresser installed and the air-tools strapped next to them:

17082008474.jpg

and the same solution for the jetwash (can you see the siliconed holes where I mis-measured and drilled the holes right ontop of a chassis member ! - doh!). Thanks to Iain at Finer Details for the 25 liter container which will be used to carry detergent (whicle the camper has the main jetwash tank slung underneath):

17082008475.jpg

So, once that was done it was just nessecaey to run the 240v power to the back (can just about see the sockets above the spare wheel) and tidy up. While it all looks a bit manic here, there is some method in the mayhem, honest!

17082008473.jpg

The jetwash installed:

17082008476.jpg

And everything in it's place:

17082008477.jpg

While it loos a bit of an obsticle course in that pic there is loads of room for two bikes at the front of the trailer with just the jetwash needing to be taken out to load/unload them (which is no issue as it's needed every time and is usually the last bit of kit to be put away anyhow).

Last edited:

johna

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Funster No
Roller Team Miles per gallon

hi there ,as a new member i have just read the posts and it was great to read about other owners roller teams ,we purchased a brand new roller team 600 in december ,not a great time of year to buy i no with the weather and all its our first motorhome so we cant really compare it to anyother but hopeing its going to be great ,once i no what im doing anyway that is . My main gripe so far is fuel consumption as ive done 1200 miles in it due to a trip to essex to see friends at new year which was a 880mile round trip, at best its done 17.9mile to the gallon and 15.4 at worst ,i would love to hear other owners opinion on this or anyother advice for that matter as i say im very new to this and maybe this is normal.
Cheers everybody and thanks
KEITH
Hi, we have the 600G 2.4lt engine, when 1st purchased with some 800miles on the clock, and my style of driving I was only getting some 19 miles/gallon, now with some 3000 miles on the clock and not driving on the speed limits, ie 50-60mph on motor ways, and generally driving with a light foot a recent 1000mile round trip holiday around Wales returned 24.5 miles per gallon, which I am quite happy with.. Johna

johna

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Funster No
Roller Team

Hi, I am very sorry to hear your have had problems/concerns, we have a Roler Team 600G, the supplying dealer carried out some warrenty work with no problem at all, I damaged the rear bumper, and had a new one delivered with in a week, so have no complaints what so ever. I personally think the van is every bit as good and if not better than vans almost twice the price, and would have no problems what so ever having another one. My door was not perfect I must admit, but I managed to sort this my self, as you say if you are happy to undertake some remidial work your self then thats fine, obviously you expect not to, spending £30,000 plus, but I do not believe that there is the perfect van out there, and many I would not do a straight swap for, even vans costing twice as much, that said I enjoy a little messing about, I have fitted a reversing camera, TV over the rear bed, CD player and 4 speaker system to the living accomadation, and several otheritems, and more to do to get the van how I personally want it, but thats me. The Transit is an excellent base vehicle, and ever more popular, no we love our Roller Team, fantastic value for money when you look around at other vans. Johna

S

shigg

Deleted User
Roller Team Virgin

Hi there
Thinking of buying a rollerteam - well more than thinking. We THOUGHT we had one bought a few weeks ago but got gazumped......Yip, I tell the truth! It was a really good price. There are 2 of us in our mid 30's and a dog so dont know if its too big or should be look for something else. Dont want a fuel guzzler that's for sure... Any comments appreciated. heading to UK next weekt to possibly buy something - great exchange rate at the momen!! Any tips for dealers as once burnt....Thanx and happy motoring.:ROFLMAO:

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Hi there
Thinking of buying a rollerteam - well more than thinking. We THOUGHT we had one bought a few weeks ago but got gazumped......Yip, I tell the truth! It was a really good price. There are 2 of us in our mid 30's and a dog so dont know if its too big or should be look for something else. Dont want a fuel guzzler that's for sure... Any comments appreciated. heading to UK next weekt to possibly buy something - great exchange rate at the momen!! Any tips for dealers as once burnt....Thanx and happy motoring.:ROFLMAO:
Well, if you are after fuel economy, the 600/700 is NOT the van for you. The Transit chassis with the 140hp engine is horribly underpowered (I think that it has the wrong diff fitted) and the 6 speed gearbox is terrible - you will be exceptionally lucky to achieve 23mpg with VERY careful driving; a more realistic target is 21mpg :-(

That said, it's a very good value for money vehicle, so you pays your money and takes your choice .... When we replace ours we will go back to the Fiat chassis, probably with the 160hp engine. Why not look at the Carrioca 656? This is made by the same people and is also a budget van but has the advantage of being on the Fiat chassis (I think with the 130hp engine) and should achieve 30mpg without too much trouble.

As fara as dealers, I'm not sure where you are but Alan Kerr in Paignton (Devon) offered us an unbeatable deal and we were quids-in travelling from Kent to Devon to collect - neither of our local CI/Roller Team dealers could come close to what they offered, so give them a try.

Best of luck ...

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
As a bit of an update on stuff, we had a nice sunny weekend and a bit of time so finally got around to fitting a proper reversing camera to the camper. Thoughtfully, the manufacturers have provided a nice plastic bit of bodywork with a 'lip' through which to run the cable

Link Removed

The trouble is, it's a complete PITA to get anything through as the gap is about 10mm and the cable connectors are 13mm :pp: However, as usual, brute force and blind ignorance won out the day and it went through.

Link Removed

Next, a quick 13mm hole through and into the cupboard at the rear of the van.

Link Removed

Next job was to chase the video cable all the way through to the front of the van and the power to the control board above the door. I needed to take apart some of the partitions of the rear cupboards, remove the rear shelf and curtain track

Link Removed

then drill 13mm holes through into the cupboards above the freezer and sink. Once in there the cables could be run through the existing trunking path.

Link Removed

At this point, I also decided to run the ariel feed (which has always been temporary) to the rear TV from the front using the same path (you can just see it in the pic above, hanging from the top of the cupboard, and below, now properly routed)

Link Removed

At this point the cable needed to be joined, so I made sure of LOTS of insulating tape over the connectors (seen here bare, while the feed was being tested) as once they were pulled through into the next part if they came apart it would be the devil's own job to try and get them out again.

Link Removed

Next, was to run the cable through the wardrobe at the front of the van, remove the headlining and route it to the from of the cab where the temporary screen will be mounted next to the rearview mirror (and pick the perm 12v feed from the cab light) until I can afford to get a new stereo with a motorised screen.

Link Removed

Once tested it was merely a job of tidying up the wiring by adding trunking into the wardrobe

Link Removed

Under the curtains, and through the rear cupboards,

Link Removed

then re-fitting the shelf above and the internal partitions

Link Removed

Putting back the cable conduits through the over-sink cupboards

Link Removed

And volla ...

Link Removed

Sorry about the quality of the pictures - Blackberry cameras are truly hateful bits of kit.

ceegee

Free Member
Apr 5, 2009
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 months
waste problem

we bought our rollerteam 600 in december and need advise on how to connect a pipe to the waste tank any ideas

JDS

Free Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK & France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
we bought our rollerteam 600 in december and need advise on how to connect a pipe to the waste tank any ideas
Which waste tank are you referring to? There are two on the 600, one under the sink and one on the opposite side about in the middle of the van to take the waste from the shower etc.

Both of these tanks have a 60mm waste so a 60mm pipe and jubilee clip would do the job, however I am not sure why you would need a pipe as we just pull the waste valve when over an appropriate (and legal) drain.

wkdtroll

Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
Hi there

Hi

We have owned a Roller Team (Granduca Garage P) from new. we bought it from Germany (LHD) and have covered just over 25k miles 95% of which were in Europe. The van is fantastic for just the two of us and 2 dogs. We set out to tour europe in 3 years and, after our last big trip in May to Scandinavia we will have visited 35 countries!!
The van is on a Renault Master 2.5 TDi base and returns around 30 mpg!! With 20,000 mile service intervals, this has been a brilliant van to own.
The only mods I have done is to have a Gaslow lpg system installed. The van came with everything (even loo roll!!!) and I mean everything, with awning, bike rack, TV, sat dish, sat receiver and dvd, reversing camera, air con, hook up cable, extension, electric step etc.
Value for money has been excellent and (touch wood) we have had 2 and a half trouble-free years of use.
We spent a long time trawling the UK sellers and decided that the Roller Team provided best VFM of any van then on the market, indeed when we picked it up we stayed overnight in Munster and met a couple who had just paid double what we had paid for a Swift Kontiki which didn't even have air con in the cab!1(the couple were well miffed when they saw what we got for our money).
Buying the van was a painless experience, the dealer was great.
Hope this helps.:thumb:

ceegee

Free Member
Apr 5, 2009
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 months
love my rollerteam 600

been away more than home only local cl in middle of nowere now fitted a awning light over head bed best i ever had had a oven fitted fuel consumpsion not good but it drives better than fiat only minor probs fixed myself ciong away this weekend any one had problems putting end bed with all these cushions together its driving me mad

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
rollerteam bed

i have a rolleteam 600g with the fixed bed over the garage, and i must say it's the most comfortable bed in any motorhome i have slept in.
the mattress is of the same thickness as the one at home.
our 600g returns 25mpg no matter what i do.
just returned from 4 weeks touring in devon,dorset and somerset.
we've had it 12 months and are still impressed with it.
carry 2 bikes, twin tub washing machine 3m awning that attaches to the side.
and can carry all our food if need be, and the important bit all my beer,and the wifes bicardi, with loads more space for things we buy.
some people say the fixed bed is wasted space, but i go up there relaxing watching the tv (f1, moto gp)
can't praise the 600g enough.

may the force be with you::bigsmile::RollEyes::roflmto:

B

BarryBlythe

Deleted User
New Roller Team 600

As of tomorrow I will be the proud (I hope) owner of a brand new Roller Team 600. Got an awesome deal from my local dealer £31000 inc 4.5mtr awning, roof mounted sat dish, awning light, microwave and 15" widescreen HD TV and DVD.

This is our first motorhome so expect to be a steep learning curve....LOL.

Keep you all posted.

Barry & Nicole
Rochdale

ceegee

Free Member
Apr 5, 2009
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 months
chris and dee

we got our 600 in december we love it a few things i had to work out asked a few questions on here weve been to wales for 2 weeks new forest for a week and every other weekend 18 miles from home{miltonkeynes] on a cl farm site in the middle of nowere in bedford kids loving it they got house to themselves the youngist is 18:thumb:

dblincoln

Free Member
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
New Roller Team 600G

Hi all

We are new to both the Roller Team and this Forum ..........so help in both cases would be appreciated.

I found this site by accident and cleaned a lot of useful information.

What a great idea to be able to swap information between owners and thanks for the pics they help tremendously.

I collected our new home 2 weeks ago and the dealer was only 3/4 mile form a motorway. I drove on to the motorway and into the worst crosswinds and rain that I had come across. Speed down to 40 mph and sometime later when it eased I looked at the fuel consumption to find 13 mpg. I was horrified and thought I had made a big mistake.........

We live in France and I continued to drive down to the Eurotunnel after refuelling and had to refuel when I got into France. By now it had crept up to 14.3 mpg. Other side of the tunnel and speed on cruise at 60 returned 18.3 still terrible. Journeyed back to the UK and this went up to 21.5 but now having put 1500 miles on the clock we set about the return and this was a please 25 which dropped to 23.5. Last out 25.2 at 55 mph.

Love the vehicle although I find it very noisy in the back ...........seems to come from the roof vent [yes I checked to see that they were fully closed]. Taping over the side vents did nothing to improve the noise. Also round the door area, although I have now adjusted that as at the top and bottom there was resistance on the paper I trapped and was not round the lock. Have not been out since.

Want to fit Gas tanks so we can fill up at service station and not be caught out by being in France and the UK when needing to replace a cylinder.

Also would like to fit aircon but would like this to be available whilst travelling and camping wild. Have a Honda 2kva generator. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also noticed that we have a 4.5 mtr Awning but water runs down between the Van and the awning. Also have some instructions that show foam pads inserted where the side panels meet the van, but cannot see any holes to fit them in. There are some black skirts that go top to bottom, but these do not appear to have any entry point as they are sown top and bottom.

Need to be able to fill up with fresh water when sited and propose to but a caravan style female outlet on the van to marry with the appropriate pump...............unless someone has some better ideas?

I took onboard the comments regarding remapping, had the car done and made a high difference............a little difference would be great with this.

Any oher tips would be helpful.

Dave

Last edited:

wkdtroll

Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
Hi

Sorry but only just seen thread.

We have had Granduca Garage P model since July 06, bought direct from Palmovski in bielefield (LHD).

It is on a Renault Master base and came fully loaded (even loo rolls!!!)

We have done 46K kms since new and have visited 27 countries in Europe so far.

We have 2 flatcoat retrievers and they have 'done' Europe with us!!

Last year I had the engine remapped to 150 bhp (from 120) and now does 33mpg and eats hills for breakfast!!!(recommend this to anyone with a diesel).

Van is awesome value (euro rate when we bought was 1.40 so actually cost us £25k new!!!) Interior is basic finishwise but with air-con, webasto heating, oven, 4 ring hob, large fridge freezer and huge shower/loo plus the static bed over garage layout is brill!

I would buy this van all over again if I had to.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
We bought our Autoroller 700 brand new in March last year. We did a lot of research on a number of different motor homes, visiting shows and dealers etc. We wanted value for money, it’s not a top of the range motor and build quality is fair, but most importantly it ticked all the boxes for what we required.

Good Points

2 Good sized bunk beds for the girls
Extremely large over cab double
Fridge with separate freezer
Separate toilet and shower
Good sized double dinette
Large fresh & waste water tanks
On a solid base vehicle (Ford Luton)
Good storage with the bottom bunk lifting up to create a good sized garage

Bad Points

Single dinette not needed we just use it as a sofa
Cooking facilities 3 Burner hob manageable combined oven/grill not fit for purpose
Very little preparation space with kitchen

Overall verdict very good, as in previous posts you will need to do some alterations to make any motor home fit you needs. If you are prepared to do this then the Roller Team is value for money.

We had a fantastic time with our Autoroller 700 in 2009 and with that in mind 2010 can only get better

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back