Free Member
Sep 1, 2011
Highlands, Scotland
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi I'm Mike and wife is Jacky - and I have owned a motorhome for a month !

After getting to know it a little for a couple of weeks we have had a couple of day trips out to get used to it.....and then drove 550 miles in it each way) from the far north of Scotland to the South of England then back 4 days later....won't be doing that again in a day.:ROFLMAO: On the way down we slept at the services on the M5 for the princely sum of ÂŁ10 and on the way up we slept at layby 81 on the A9 - drumochter summit - and a proper campsite inbetween.

Family wedding in the South...was amused by my brother in law looking straight at the van and asking where were we staying...

All good, had a lot of fun, wife happy, eldest son (20) was happy, youngest son (7) was very happy and daughter (17)was disgusted with us for buying it :Cool: as she didn't have her own bedroom and bathroom......

That trip under our belt we have a couple of weekends away planned, mebbe Aviemore or out on the west coast (fishing!). Good forum and looking to ask lots of newbie questions in the future - so be gentle!

Mike

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to Fun

ask away there will be plenty of answers to your questions no doubt

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
hi

:thumb: hi and walcome to the fun :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi there,
love the name , I was one too till i started taking complex multi B vitamins , now they leave me alone :Smile::thumb:
We were at Aviemore for 10 days over New Year , it was great. We will be going again thats for sure. Enjoy your travels and welcome to the forum.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi there Mike and Jacky :Smile: Welcome to MotorhomeFun :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome to fun nice to see another scot join us

I know what you mean about your daughter we have a 14 year old but she is used to it now after 4 years.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Welcome to MH Fun.

Re daughter problem, Tow a caravan for her to live in.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Answer to first question, problem solved.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun, at 17 your daughter can buy her own motorhome and have her own bedroom and bathroom. though I doubt she will want to travel with you much longer so she is out of the equation.Just enjoy your wonderful motorhome.

browne4573

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
north east scotland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie too, and not far from you (I think). I bought mine a couple of weeks ago and have spent many a happy hour cursing under my breath at what previous owners considered acceptable!

So far I have rewired a lot of the electrics, first the whole split charge bit after standing scratching my head and trying to work out which of the predominently red wires were live and which were neutral.

Did up the nut on my carver 2 water heater to stop a tiny leak (and broke the tie rod bar predicatably).

Bought a foam mattress and carved it up to make new cushions for the seats and now just trying to find someone local who can sew to make seat covers.

And this evening tackled the 240v electrics, now whilst I am sure that it was easier to just cut off the bit that a previous owner didn't think they needed, poking the bare wires into a hole in the body probably wasn't a good idea. So much rewiring later and it is all working.

So now I just have to fit my new heater when it arrives, get the seats covered, probably change the shower curtain slightly work out how to clean the overcab mattress effectively, and most importantly figure out what kind of in vehicle entertainment I want. There is no cab stereo and nothing in the back so I ideally want something which will do the job from one location rather than two different systems.

It's all good fun though and I am looking forward to getting away at least once this year. (oh and I would like to fix the oven too, not lighting at all, now I am guessing that it can only be the valve or the thermocouple but it would normally light if the thermocouple was faulty, then go out when the knob is released, hmmm probably the valve.)

Keep having fun.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back